video quality

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

jrt

video quality

Post by jrt »

Hello VSO Team,
I have a serious problem with the program as of version 2.0.0.82.
although i set the best possible quality when converting, the result is awful.
The source material, a video file in HD, about 18MB in size.
The result is about 19MB in size. But you can not look at the result, you almost only see colored rectangles.
if I convert the same file with an older version (2.0.0.56) comes out a file with a size of 72MB and the quality corresponds to the source material.
An update to the latest beta version brings no improvement.
ask for urgent rectification.
jrt

Re: video quality

Post by jrt »

Hello,
after installing the latest version 2.0.0.87, the error is fixed.
wtin

Re: video quality

Post by wtin »

For my personal experience, there are a lot of settings that you can play around with this (and other VSO's programs).

I have not found any other programs in the market that are easy to use, and so flexible. No other programs that I have tired can import SRT / ASS subtitles like VSO Convert X To Video (and Convert DVD 7). the output (to DVD / blu ray) are usually very clear, and noise-free. I have been able to pack a TV show (total of 8 hours) onto a 25 GB disk (bit rate of 10 MHz, I think?) and it still looks quite good on a 70 inch 4k TV. Tried that with Nero Video and it simply blew up (couldn't even complete the conversion process). Cyberlink PowerDirector (even the newest one) can't deal with SRT subtitle correctly (after all these years, right?) and it takes forever to create a disk.

I download a lot of streaming video (with Playon software) in 720p (for my own use of course) and the program beautifully upscales it to 1080p at 29 fps (it's not at 23.9 as it should be) and it looks stunning for me.

The only thing Convert X to Video can't do is AVCHD. The resulted disks can be played with a Sony blu ray player, but not with a Samsung player. It doesn't bother me that much but i wish they'd fix it. So far I use DVD Fab to create AVCHD which will play with any player (it has a setting for "completely compatible with desktop player v.s. compatible with software player").

For Convert X to Video, I leave "best quality .." under video to ON. And If I have to scale up or down, I use Hermite instead of others. You'll be very happy with very clean results no matter if it's DVD or Blu ray (or MP4 files).

I am sad that the forum has been quiet for a long time. I hope the company does not go under. Yes, the programs are buggy (but what programs are not buggy?) but they are so quick to work on it.