I wanted to say goodbye

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Cherryman

I wanted to say goodbye

Post by Cherryman »

I wanted to say goodbye. Why?

I own the converter since version 1. Innrhalb version, 2.0 I have renewed two license and still have the same, outdated product after years . there is no real development. H.265 support, new FFmpeg, it is operated only minimal bugfixing. Any freeware developer will easily generate the points I have mentioned. Answer you do not get and if that is a stressed answer, without statement.

I am very sorry after all these years, but I am not ready to pay for an obsolete product.

Best Regards,
Cherryman
wtin

Re: I wanted to say goodbye

Post by wtin »

I have to defend VSO folks. So you know, I am another user - I don't work for them, and have never foot in France for that matter.

Their programs may be buggy, but Convert X to Video and Convert X to DVD 7 produce the smoothest output in any format each is capable of. They also work with just about any subtitle file that I have thrown at it, too. Blu ray output from a clean 1080p file looks stunning. Same with DVD output, too.

Nero Video 2018 (and I upgrade to each one when it comes out) is very hard to use. I am talking straight import of a few files, but no more than that. I can't even figure out how to import the subtitle files. And forget trying to have it burned onto the video itself (as VSO programs have that option.) It takes so long to convert a disk with Video 2018.

Cyberlink PowerDirector - I have that, too. Didn't upgrade to the latest version. It still only supports plain SRT (subtitle) file. No fancy formatting is supported at all. And the programs does not run that fast, and I have i7-4790 Windows 10 64 bit with 32 GB of RAM, GTX 780 and a large SSD drive. VSO programs run faster when I tested the same large video file.

Tried Adobe Premiere Pro. I think I need a PhD in computer science to use it. VSO programs are perfect for me. I have a few 1080p files that I want to turn into either blu ray or DVD for myself - some have SRT or ASS subtitle files - and VSO programs simply work. I don't have to do any fancy editing. Perhaps once in a while I have to clip this and that out, and most of the time, the programs work fine. And when I feed the programs a 720p file, it upscales / downscales these files beautifully.

While they may be buggy, the programmers at VSO are quite responsive. (And yes, sometimes when one bug is fixed, another one creeps in). But no programs are bug-free. That is just the way it is.

Just my opinion. Don't be so hard on them. They are not Adobe / Microsoft / Corel.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Sorry the hear that. Just to correct one of your remarks, there has been work on H265 output and BD4K input, actually both of them work. The reason we haven't released them yet is compatibility issues with 32b. We're currently migrating our programs to 64b (and updating FFMpeg at the same time) but since we use our own assembler code migration is taking a considerable amount of time.
Cherryman

Post by Cherryman »

Nice to hear that the programs are updated times. It's a very nice program and I do not like to part with it, but nobody knows that you're working on it and even migrated to 64 bit. I am very happy to hear. Ok, then I'm looking forward to the new version and will remain VSO as a customer :)
jrt

Post by jrt »

as a gold member pay only once for all programs, lifelong.
I've also had some problems with some programs.
and I have to say that the support works very well.
the quality of the converted files is also very good.
at a support teamview meeting, sometime last year i already found out that a 64bit version is being used. but had forgotten it again. It is nice to know that it is still working.