burning incorrect dvd structure

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

patient007

burning incorrect dvd structure

Post by patient007 »

Just installed latest beta .78
Using Pal Auto profile convertx encoded three mkv's to a dvd

The resultant dvd would not play in my ps4 and i checked it in a pc and discovered that convertx had put the video-ts and audio ts folders inside a folder called Pal Auto.
I also noticed that two of the vobs had no sound.

Anyone else getting this kind of issue with this beta ?
ira

Re: burning incorrect dvd structure

Post by ira »

patient007 wrote:Just installed latest beta .78
Using Pal Auto profile convertx encoded three mkv's to a dvd

The resultant dvd would not play in my ps4 and i checked it in a pc and discovered that convertx had put the video-ts and audio ts folders inside a folder called Pal Auto.
I also noticed that two of the vobs had no sound.

Anyone else getting this kind of issue with this beta ?
FYI: I reported the same problem and described the cause exactly the same as you did - Kudos to you! And it occurs with CX2Video, CX2DVD and BRC (maybe their other s/w too). I have been in direct e-mail communication with support at VSO for this a few other issues. So, while you would not know, others have discovered the same issue - we agree worldwide!
Ira
patient007

Post by patient007 »

i ended up going back to version .70 and burned the files with imgburn just in case

Hopefully fixed soon
ira

Re: burning incorrect dvd structure - WORKAROUND

Post by ira »

Background:
Current versions of CX2Video, CX2DVD and BRC incorrectly include the folder that is ABOVE VIDEO-TS and AUDIO-TS. When you insert a disc burned with that folder, your player sees that as a Data disc with folders under it. The VIDEO-TS and AUDIO-TS folders (actually the Audio folder is not needed at all) MUST be the ONLY folders on the DVD for your player to see it as a DVD Movie that would start and present a menu you selected or begin to play the movie immediately if you did not include a menu.

Workaround:
Start without a blank disc in the drive. Use your VSO program to render (create) the DVD folder. When done, close the VSO program. Then, use your favorite burning program to create the DVD Movie.
Last edited by ira on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ira
patient007

Post by patient007 »

A couple of the encoded vobs had no audio (the original files did) For some reason that beta was not encoding the sound properly.
It encoded fine when using the older version.
So i am not chancing the latest beta in case another issue crops up.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Issue fixed in latest beta available here: http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxt ... 19582.html
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

patient007 wrote:A couple of the encoded vobs had no audio (the original files did) For some reason that beta was not encoding the sound properly.
It encoded fine when using the older version.
So i am not chancing the latest beta in case another issue crops up.
Please send a bug report concerning the audio issue.