Video copy no longer possible

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

testuser99

Video copy no longer possible

Post by testuser99 »

I made several profiles that converted the DTS audio to AAC or AC3 since my TV cannot play DTS. This used the video copy if possible setting and always only took a few minutes since I was only changing the audio. Since the last couple of revisions the same profile, converting the same video is now taking over an hour and the video is coming out about 20% larger. It seems the "copy if possible" no longer works and the video is always being re-encoded. What has changed?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Video copy no longer possible

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Post your log file and we will take a look or write directly to us using the technical support form
http://www.vso-software.fr/support.php
testuser99

Post by testuser99 »

Finally figured out the reason my audio conversion sometimes works correctly and sometimes not. Turns out that if I start vso, select the audio profile and add the file the conversion is fast and good. However if I start vso, add the file and then select the audio profile the conversion is a full re-encode with a much larger output file. Attached are logs from both ways.
Attachments
ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate 2_mainlog_.20171016.151219.241 bad Conversion.log
(6.31 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate 2_mainlog_.20171016.140336.792 Goog Conversion.log
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Old custom profiles had issues, I think that fixing those issues caused those profiles to behave weirdly. If you delete the old one and redo it it should fix the issue as I can not reproduce your issue with our latest beta.
testuser99

Post by testuser99 »

.82 not beta
I made a new profile and compared it to the original, they were identical. However I have not been able to reproduce the problem I was having on the beta's so fixed I guess.