Converted video issue

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

patient007

Converted video issue

Post by patient007 »

Using the latest version 2.0.0.70 and getting a strange issue affecting the top of the converted video.
Its a dvd with tv episodes and i'm converting to mp4 x264 with aac

It converted in no time with nvenc and at first i thought that was the problem but it does the same in much slower software cpu mode.
I also extracted the files from the dvd thinking it may been cos it was encoding from an mounted iso

The dvd plays fine and just seems to be when i convert with convertxtovideo
I will try Handbrake a bit later and see if there is any difference.

Any ideas ?

Quick update - no anomaly with Handbrake.

Another update - I tried a different interlace method (merge) it was set to vso before .. still corrupt in same spots on dvd
I then tried no interlace at all and again its corrupt in same places.
No idea whats causing this but i will have to go back to Handbrake for the time being as i needed these discs converted this weekend.
Only thing i can think of is a setting in the profile (MP4 x264 AAC) is causing this ? Its not a custom profile.
Not sure if its related but when i was selecting profiles the menu selection cleared so you could not read them (i will try and post a screenshot of it)

Regards
Attachments
vlcsnap-2017-06-24-21h51m10s380.png
patient007

Re: Converted video issue

Post by patient007 »

I managed to get convertx to encode it properly.

I ran the dvd through videoredo's quickstream fix, which left me with two single mpg files.
These converted fine with convertxtovideo.
However I should point out that videoredo did not give a single error with the dvd files, so I am uncertain what was wrong with them in the first place, plus Handbrake had no issue with the dvd either.

Anyway maybe this will help someone else with a similar issue.

Regards

PS screenshot of profile selection I mentioned in the previous post
Attachments
convertx screen.jpg
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Yes it is odd, it should have worked right off the bad in ConvertXtoVideo.

Thanks for posting all your findings. I've sent you an email so we can troubleshoot more if you don't mind.
patient007

Post by patient007 »

Been a while since i first reported this issue. I uploaded the video that was causing the problem and version .82 still hiccups, with the video. (handbrake and videoredo both render it fine)
I still have menu options appearing blank, and other odd things with the interface, like the quality factor being way off (default appear to be set to high or something unless one changes it to something else then back to default)
I even had the sound disappearing on a run of videos, but since .82 its not happened.
I would prefer to use convertx exclusively for my encoding needs but find i have used Handbrake more and more.