Burn from DVD folder - accept upper level folder

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ira

Burn from DVD folder - accept upper level folder

Post by ira »

I should not need to drill into the VIDEO_TS folder and select file: VIDEO_TS.IFO when adding a DVD source folder on HD. Accept the upper level DVD folder and do the drill down to the .ifo in the program.

And per a prior new post, do not change case of letters in the words when using folder name. check other applications for same issues here.
Ira
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: Burn from DVD folder - accept upper level folder

Post by felicia »

You don't need to, just drag & drop the folder containing the DVD and the program will load what it needs.
ira

Post by ira »

felicia wrote:You don't need to, just drag & drop the folder containing the DVD and the program will load what it needs.
Felicia,

I finally encountered precisely WHEN I need to drill into a DVD folder and select VIDEO_TS.IFO. It is when I click Action, then Burn An Already Converted Project. FYI: 99% of the time I opt to create an ISO from the DVD folder but that does not matter. I would like/expect/hope that the the program would do it's on drilling down if you would have the dialog accept a folder - the DVD folder, not a file, as above.

Pretty Please? Also I suspect I have encountered same when I use CX2DVD to create the ISO.

Tnx,
Ira
    OLD RESPONSE - DISREGARD!
    I don't know where I encountered it. I admit to just retrying both folder and iSO with CX2V and CX2DVD. I did not need to select the VIDEO_TS.IFO, In fact the open dialog only looks for a folder. I was thinking it was a VSO application. I was wrong.

Ira
    Ira
    felicia
    VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

ira wrote: I finally encountered precisely WHEN I need to drill into a DVD folder and select VIDEO_TS.IFO. It is when I click Action, then Burn An Already Converted Project. FYI: 99% of the time I opt to create an ISO from the DVD folder but that does not matter. I would like/expect/hope that the the program would do it's on drilling down if you would have the dialog accept a folder - the DVD folder, not a file, as above.
    That was what the programs did a long time ago, but we ran into so many issues that we finally decided against it. The biggest issue was that parsing folders looking for BD and/or DVD consumes a surprising amount of resources if done properly and fails often if done otherwise.
    Would it help if the program stored the x last DVD/BD built?
    ira

Post by ira »

felicia wrote:
    ira wrote: I finally encountered precisely WHEN I need to drill into a DVD folder and select VIDEO_TS.IFO. It is when I click Action, then Burn An Already Converted Project. FYI: 99% of the time I opt to create an ISO from the DVD folder but that does not matter. I would like/expect/hope that the the program would do it's on drilling down if you would have the dialog accept a folder - the DVD folder, not a file, as above.
    That was what the programs did a long time ago, but we ran into so many issues that we finally decided against it. The biggest issue was that parsing folders looking for BD and/or DVD consumes a surprising amount of resources if done properly and fails often if done otherwise.
    Would it help if the program stored the x last DVD/BD built?
    I understand the reason for your not drilling down. No, I think you should leave it as is.
    Ira