ConvertXtoVideo - Latest beta - 2.0.0.97 released!

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoVideo - latest beta version 2.0.0.77

Post by felicia »

Roshi wrote:
felicia wrote:@ mue.mat & Roshi: Could you both send me the profile that's causing the issue? It's located in "C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate\2\custom_profiles" and it's an XML file.
Sorry for the delay, but I saw your reply only today. Here's my profile.

Kind regards,
Roshi.
Two different things to say about your issue:
1: Bitrate set to 0 was a display bug, 0 means that maximum allowed bitrate will be used
2: Bitrate changes everytime you change a profile because target bitrate changes acording to it

BR,

Felicià
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoVideo - latest beta version 2.0.0.78

Post by felicia »

new beta posted
Roshi

Post by Roshi »

felicia wrote: Two different things to say about your issue:
1: Bitrate set to 0 was a display bug, 0 means that maximum allowed bitrate will be used
2: Bitrate changes everytime you change a profile because target bitrate changes acording to it

BR,

Felicià
By "bitrate set to 0" do you mean "same as source (if possible)? Because that's what I have set on the profile...

Kind regards,
Roshi.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Roshi wrote:
felicia wrote: Two different things to say about your issue:

BR,

Felicià
By "bitrate set to 0" do you mean "same as source (if possible)? Because that's what I have set on the profile...

Kind regards,
Roshi.
Bitrate detected as 0, means that the program was not able to detect the source bitrate and will allow maximum bitrate during conversion
Panchdara

Re: ConvertXtoVideo - latest beta version 2.0.0.78

Post by Panchdara »

Conversion option list not populated... please see video at link. Until I hover over the options they are blank.

Regards

http://www.panchdara.com/Images/VSO-CxV.wmv

Edit: Same issue with 2.0.0.79
Last edited by Panchdara on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoVideo - latest beta version 2.0.0.79

Post by felicia »

new beta posted.
Fixes burning ssues
mue.mat

Bug in latest beta version 2.0.0.79

Post by mue.mat »

Hi
In latest beta version 2.0.0.79 size of output folder is WRONG.
In settings I put max. size of 21500 MB, after conversion of 8 HD files output size is nearly 30000MB.
Please fix this bug.
Kind regards
mue.mat
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: Bug in latest beta version 2.0.0.79

Post by felicia »

mue.mat wrote:Hi
In settings I put max. size of 21500 MB, after conversion of 8 HD files output size is nearly 30000MB.
Please fix this bug.
Kind regards
mue.mat
Hi,

Could you send us a bug report indicating the log seesion with the issue? I need to check the profile and the stream settings.

BR,

Felicià
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Sorry, I rolled back zu v2.0.0.77.
But you should easily reproduce the bug on your own (f.e. 8 hd files with 3 GB each).

Thanks
mue.mat
Ch3vr0n

Post by Ch3vr0n »

@felicia i've added a feature request in the bug tracker.

Summary: either a program setting to only import the main title (for batch conversion of multiple titles) or a user-definable time limit, where anything below that treshold does not get added to the conversion list

http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=13308
VSO NL-BE Freelance Translator

Desktop: Project Phoenix
OS: Win 10 Pro x64 || MB: Asus Maximus VIII Formula || CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k || CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i v2 || RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 A Gaming || Case: CM Cosmos II || Sound: Logitech Z906 || Screen: Asus VG278HR
Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO || Int HDD 1&2: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB || Int HDD 3: Seagate ST2000DM001 || Int HDD 4: Samsung F1 Spinpt. 1TB
Op. Dr. 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Dr. 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Dr. 3: LG GH20NS10 || Ext HDD 1&2: 2x WD MyBook 2TB || Ext HDD 3: Seagate ST320006
AtelierD

Re: Bug in latest beta version 2.0.0.79

Post by AtelierD »

felicia wrote:
mue.mat wrote:Hi
Please fix this bug.
Kind regards
mue.mat
Hi,

Could you send us a bug report indicating the log seesion with the issue? I need to check the profile and the stream settings.

BR,

Felicià
Hello Felicià,

I'll send you a log my session with the same problem of size: the Blu-ray output was set to "BD-25," but the output was 83.9GB.

AtelierD
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoVideo - latest beta version 2.0.0.81

Post by felicia »

New beta posted
mue.mat

Re: ConvertXtoVideo - Bug in latest beta version 2.0.0.81

Post by mue.mat »

Hi Felicia
In latest beta version 2.0.0.81 size of output folder is again WRONG, but this time in the opposite way.
In settings I put max. size of 21500 MB, after conversion of 3 MKV-HD files output size is all together only 8000MB, even the first converted file is sized with 7000 MB, and the other 2 output files together only about 1000MB. Reason: Original duration of file 2 and 3 are about 42 Min, converted files 2 and 3 are "cut" after around 3 Min., that means most parts of the video files are "lost".
Please fix this new bug.
Kind regards
mue.mat
PS
I sent you a private message with log-file and 2 other documentations-
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoVideo - Bug in latest beta version 2.0.0.81

Post by felicia »

mue.mat wrote:Hi Felicia
In latest beta version 2.0.0.81 size of output folder is again WRONG, but this time in the opposite way.
In settings I put max. size of 21500 MB, after conversion of 3 MKV-HD files output size is all together only 8000MB, even the first converted file is sized with 7000 MB, and the other 2 output files together only about 1000MB. Reason: Original duration of file 2 and 3 are about 42 Min, converted files 2 and 3 are "cut" after around 3 Min., that means most parts of the video files are "lost".
Please fix this new bug.
Kind regards
mue.mat
PS
I sent you a private message with log-file and 2 other documentations-
Hi,

Please send a bug report from within the application and attach any additional info as a file.
The log you sent has no conversion info and there are more settings I need to know that come with vsorep.

EDIT: Please attach your custom profile file to the bug report

BR,

Felicià
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Hello Felicia

There is NO bug report because software tells that conversion is complete (no indication of error). But only by looking at the converted files you can see that conversion lasts only 3 Min.

Regards
mue.mat

PS
If you need some other stuff, please tell me how to make. So far I rolled back to v...77.
artichoke

Post by artichoke »

The problem with incorrect output file sizes since version .78 is fairly straightforward. The selected conversion profile is not being loaded when a file is dropped onto the converter's UI. Some random bitrate seems to be used instead (you can see this on the file details).

I think the code that load the profile settings for each file when dropped into the UI was broken after .77, ie every file is not initialised correctly with the already selected profile parameters.

There are two workarounds:

1. Select the advanced settings for each file. Then go to quality adviser tab. Select "use default bitrate". The bitrate doesn't change, but the filesize does. Save the changes, and the file will be converted at the correct bitrate.

2. From the main UI, in the bottom right choose another conversion profile, then select the one you want. File size estimate on the main UI for each file are now changed correctly.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Hi mue.mat,

There's no need for a bug to use the option to report a bug and the fact that your conversion has an issue fully qualifies as a bug.
So if you could please go to the help menu and click on "Report a problem" and attach your custom profile file (usually in: C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate\2\custom_profiles) I should have all the info that I need to start looking into your problem, I may need some additional info later in that case I'll contact you directly by mail.

In the comments section of the report please include @Felicià so it goes directly to me.

BR,

Felicià
Copnm

Post by Copnm »

Hello,

Constant Quality does not work at all. I always get an error when running it. The other 2, target bitrate and constant quantizer, work though.

Thanks for reading,
Neil M
ALWAYS search the forums and read announcements. They will most likely have the answer(s) you are looking for.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: ConvertXtoVideo - latest beta version 2.0.0.82

Post by felicia »

New beta posted
wtin

2.0.0.82 estimated MBit incorrect

Post by wtin »

1. Choose 1080p blu ray profile.
2. Load a file.
3. That chapter shows 5.57Mb/s
4. Change profile to 480p blu ray.
5. Now changed to 29.36Mb/s (I set my maximum bit rate to 30 under hardware optimization. I know it's crazy and I can't see the difference on my 70" 4k TV (connected to a Samsung 4k player, but I like my bit rate high. Ha!)
6. Change back to 1080p. It displays correctly as 29.36Mb/s.

This also happens if the profile is already selected at 1080p when the program starts as the program remembers the last profile selection. To see the correct MB, I just change the profile to something else, and revert it back, and it displays correctly.

I have not tried to see if it actually produces smaller file. I am guessing it's the displays that may be incorrect only.

i7-4790, GTX 780, Windows 10 64 bit, 32 G of RAM.