Default Folders created by ConvertX to Video

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ira

Default Folders created by ConvertX to Video

Post by ira »

Using V2.0.0.56:

Q1. Why does CX2V default to folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate\2 while Cx2DVD 6 defaults to folder: C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\ConvertXToDVD?

Q2. What is the purpose of folder: C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\ConvertXtoVideo that was created when ConvertX to Video was installed? I've not seen any files in that folder.

I realize I can change the C:\Users\Public\Documents\ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate\2 to be under folder: C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\

Ira
Last edited by ira on Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Default Folders created by ConvertX to Video

Post by Claire »

good points, I don't know why. I'll see if we get it updated.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

ira

Post by ira »

Claire,

Great! I found the latest beta at bottom of http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxt ... 7-140.html. I now realize that while I sort in descending order (newest posts first), that does not help when looking for latest beta's. They are oldest post, actually the FIRST post in each BETA thread ... to build upon version history. This tidbit of info could help others as I was hunting and pecking. I guess I should have known as I've been registered with BR Converter for years.

Thanks,
Ira
Ira