v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, Forum admin

Post Reply
mue.mat
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:26 am

v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by mue.mat »

Hi
Sorry guys. I give up. New version still crashing while converting more than 5 video hd mkv-files (it doesn't matter hardware or software encoding).
So, since v2.0.0.47, converting multiple video hd files into BluRay is not stable and converting 5 or more video hd files at the same time software is mostly crashing right at the beginning or at the end of conversion.
I'm using windows 8.1 but it seems that you can't reproduce my problem. So then, I let it be.
Regards
mue.mat

Cronm
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by Cronm »

Same here still crashing with multiple video conversion.

If you click on forced subtitled check on general options app crash with access violation too.

Regards

felicia
VSO Team Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by felicia »

mue.mat wrote:Hi
Sorry guys. I give up. New version still crashing while converting more than 5 video hd mkv-files (it doesn't matter hardware or software encoding).
So, since v2.0.0.47, converting multiple video hd files into BluRay is not stable and converting 5 or more video hd files at the same time software is mostly crashing right at the beginning or at the end of conversion.
I'm using windows 8.1 but it seems that you can't reproduce my problem. So then, I let it be.
Regards
mue.mat
Hi, I just got a new computer, now I can reproduce your issue, I'll be working on it and keep you posted.

felicia
VSO Team Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by felicia »

Cronm wrote:Same here still crashing with multiple video conversion.

If you click on forced subtitled check on general options app crash with access violation too.

Regards
I can't reproduce. Does it crash as soon as you click on the setting or once you close the window?

Cronm
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by Cronm »

felicia wrote:
Cronm wrote:Same here still crashing with multiple video conversion.

If you click on forced subtitled check on general options app crash with access violation too.

Regards
I can't reproduce. Does it crash as soon as you click on the setting or once you close the window?
Ok, its a localized text related issue. if I change default ui language to english cant reproduce the problem.
To reproduce the error try that
Goto general settings/general/language and select spanish
Close CxV
Open CxV
Now go to general options / subtitles and tick add additional subtitle track with forced subtitles
Access violation is raised

With english selected on language settings on General options / General can't reproduce the error.
I tried others languages randomly and can't reproduce only in spanish language.

Thanks

mue.mat
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:26 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by mue.mat »

Ok, thanks a lot, Felicia

I'm looking forward...

Regards
mue.mat

felicia
VSO Team Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by felicia »

Cronm wrote:
felicia wrote:
Cronm wrote:Same here still crashing with multiple video conversion.

If you click on forced subtitled check on general options app crash with access violation too.

Regards
I can't reproduce. Does it crash as soon as you click on the setting or once you close the window?
Ok, its a localized text related issue. if I change default ui language to english cant reproduce the problem.
To reproduce the error try that
Goto general settings/general/language and select spanish
Close CxV
Open CxV
Now go to general options / subtitles and tick add additional subtitle track with forced subtitles
Access violation is raised

With english selected on language settings on General options / General can't reproduce the error.
I tried others languages randomly and can't reproduce only in spanish language.

Thanks
I've reproduced the issue, hope to fix it in the next version.

User avatar
Claire
VSO Team Member
Posts: 5913
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by Claire »


felicia
VSO Team Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by felicia »

Hi,

v58 only fixes the crash reported by Cronl on this thread.
The multiple conversions issue is still a work in progress. Next alpah will have a test fix for you to test, it will be posted on this thread only.

Cronm
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by Cronm »

Hi Felicia, i dont know if is a diferent bug than mue.mat has reported, for me the crash appears on close the program not while encoding multiple files.
For me, encoding multiple files its ok for now, i only tried 2 files simultaneosly due i make conversion over NAS HDD, and bandwidth performance for more files is worst.
The bug is random, not matter number of files to convert. Always hang after task has finished and you try to close application.

felicia
VSO Team Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by felicia »

Cronm wrote:Hi Felicia, i dont know if is a diferent bug than mue.mat has reported, for me the crash appears on close the program not while encoding multiple files.
For me, encoding multiple files its ok for now, i only tried 2 files simultaneosly due i make conversion over NAS HDD, and bandwidth performance for more files is worst.
The bug is random, not matter number of files to convert. Always hang after task has finished and you try to close application.
Hi it's not the same bug at all. this is why I propse we continue on your thread: http://forums.vso-software.fr/2-0-0-58- ... 19552.html
I've already asked you a follow up question.

felicia
VSO Team Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by felicia »

Hi,

New beta posted here: http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxt ... 18977.html
The simultaneous conversions issue is still a work in progress. At the mioment it should work unless audio normalization is enabled.
Max simultaneous conversions is no longer the actual number of conversions. Conversions will be launch as allowed by free RAM.

Please tell me if you the error persiosts for you (without audio normalization).

mue.mat
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:26 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by mue.mat »

Hi Felicia

I've just tried out new beta version v2.0.0.59
Simultaneous conversion is now working (thanks).
What has changed is (as you mentioned):

Now not all mkv files are launched together, only one after another (--> as you told: "Conversions will be launched as allowed by free RAM". See Screen 1
So I can at least convert 8 files simultaneously.

But:

During conversion upper part of window is "changing" (but no crashing; but after conversion has finished, to close window is not possible anymore). Compare Screen 2 und 3 (screen 3 = "original")

And:

While using custom profile for conversion, video files with framerate 25 ore 29 are converted with framerate 24. This only happens with custom profile. When I'm using normal BluRay 720p profile, video files with framerate 25 or 29 are converted correctly with framerate 25 or 29.
But this problem exists for a long time (even mentioned before).

By the way: video files with framerate 23.97 are converted correctly with framerate 23.97, even while using custom profile.

Thanks for your feedback and regards

mue.mat
Attachments
Screen 3.jpg
Screen 2.jpg
Screen 1.jpg

felicia
VSO Team Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by felicia »

Happy to hear that the issue is fixed.
mue.mat wrote: During conversion upper part of window is "changing" (but no crashing; but after conversion has finished, to close window is not possible anymore). Compare Screen 2 und 3 (screen 3 = "original")
This is a bug we've have for some time. The main issue is that although we know the issue exist, we've had troubles reproducing it. Next time it happens, could you send us a bug report with this thread in the message.
mue.mat wrote: While using custom profile for conversion, video files with framerate 25 ore 29 are converted with framerate 24. This only happens with custom profile. When I'm using normal BluRay 720p profile, video files with framerate 25 or 29 are converted correctly with framerate 25 or 29.
But this problem exists for a long time (even mentioned before).

By the way: video files with framerate 23.97 are converted correctly with framerate 23.97, even while using custom profile.
I'm unable to reproduce, can you post the profile you made?

mue.mat
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:26 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by mue.mat »

See attached jpg-files:
A mkf video file with 25Fps is converted into BluRay structure with 24 Fps, but only if I'm using Custom Profile.

This bug happened as well in v2.0.0.47, but was fixed in v2.0.0.48.
Meanwhile this bug occurs again.

Regards
mue.mat
Attachments
Custom Profile.jpg
Framerate 25Fps.jpg

felicia
VSO Team Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by felicia »

mue.mat wrote:See attached jpg-files:
A mkf video file with 25Fps is converted into BluRay structure with 24 Fps, but only if I'm using Custom Profile.

This bug happened as well in v2.0.0.47, but was fixed in v2.0.0.48.
Meanwhile this bug occurs again.

Regards
mue.mat
Hi,
I think I was not clear, what I would like is the actual profile. You can find it here: C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate\2\custom_profiles

Regards,

Felicià

mue.mat
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:26 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by mue.mat »

Hi

I see ...
Here we are.

Regards
mue.mat
Attachments
BluRay (1080p or 720p)_xml.jpg

felicia
VSO Team Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Re: v2.0.0.57: Still crashing while conv. > 5 mkv-files

Post by felicia »

mue.mat wrote:See attached jpg-files:
A mkf video file with 25Fps is converted into BluRay structure with 24 Fps, but only if I'm using Custom Profile.

This bug happened as well in v2.0.0.47, but was fixed in v2.0.0.48.
Meanwhile this bug occurs again.

Regards
mue.mat
This issue will be fixed in the next build

Post Reply