UPDATE 12/20/16 Audio Issue uploading to Youtube - A BUG

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

mcanco

UPDATE 12/20/16 Audio Issue uploading to Youtube - A BUG

Post by mcanco »

Hi Team,
This has been an ongoing battle with XtoVideo.
Here is verbatim what I sent to Claire in an email:

" .......
I recorded 3 days (4 games = 8 gig data) of video of my sons hockey tournament using my Canon camcorder that produces .mts files.
So for the entire team to enjoy, I thought I'd upload them to Youtube .. a game at at time.
Long story short, I had previously thought that Youtube did NOT allow uploads of .mts files but I come to find out that they do now accept them.
So I figured that the XtoVideo would not be needed anymore, however, I did not want the voices of the parents in the original video to be heard when I uploaded to Youtube ... so XtoVideo would be perfect for taking out the original audio & adding my own songs.
So I did a successful conversion to MP4 using the H264 choice.
(there are 4 choices to choose from that Annelise was not able to be specific as to which one to choose)
see attached picture

So when I play this video on my PC, I hear absolutely no parents voices and JUST the added music. So XtoVideo did what it was supposed to do.
So I obviously followed the instructions of uncheck marking the original audio.
However, for some reason, when I take that file that you received, and upload it to Youtube, the original audio plays and not the added music.
This is not my imagination.

The file I sent you, what is the audio? Hopefully you hear the music I added and not of parents watching the game.
So, can you please experiment and upload that video to Youtube and see if the added music plays (Contains 34 minutes classic rock and roll songs).

Interesting note here .. Prior to the Trial Period ending, I was able to go up to the 34 minutes, but after the trial period ended, I was limited to 10 minutes.
Or should I say I was forced limited to 10 minutes. But I WAS able to hear the rock and roll music play with no original audio of the parents talking in the background.

I hope you figure this out for me.
.............. "
Attachments
mp4choices.JPG
mp4choices.JPG (12.31 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Last edited by mcanco on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcanco

Re: Audio Issue uploading to Youtube - MUST BE A BUG

Post by mcanco »

Using Version 2.0.0.51 BETA - as recommended by Annelise ..
I wanted to update this post since I thought it was important that I share my findings with anyone who has been using ConvertXtoVideo in the way that I have been .. and finding it somewhat frustrating with regards to the audio editing section.
I took the same 34 minute - 2 gig - .mts file, easily 12-15 times and did an advanced editing to get rid of the original audio in order to insert 8 mp3 files for upload to Youtube. Every single time I did this I would play the video on my home pc BEFORE uploading to Youtube and the added audio's would play. No original audio was heard. So with that result, I would upload it to Youtube. When it finished uploading on Youtube, I would play the video and I would not hear the added song. What I did hear was the ORIGINAL audio. Which made no sense.
So time after time, Annelise would ask me if I definitely had the original audio unchecked. Yes of course was my answer.
Well just recently, while working the advanced editing, I noticed that the original audio became check marked AFTER I just got done uncheck marking and adding an mp3. So I added another MP3 after re-uncheck marking the original audio.
Guess what, the original audio became check marked again. So I realized that this might of been what was going on all along ????
Well that didn't make sense either since every single time I did this I would play the video on my home pc BEFORE uploading to Youtube and the added audio's would play. No original audio was heard.
I believe there are issues with this latest ConvertXtoVideo based on my above findings.
So I did finally get an upload to play correctly om YouTube. But that was after a dozen or so attempts.
Your feedback?
mue.mat

Re: UPDATE 12/20/16 Audio Issue uploading to Youtube - A BU

Post by mue.mat »

Hello mcanco

Maybe you can try, to get an errorless upload to YouTube, a 2-step-way:

First you copy/convert the original file WITHOUT audio (so you get only the video file without any audio stream).
Secondly you add your own audio to the above audiofree video file.

So, the new video file you want to upload to YouTube has only ONE audio stream, your own.

Regards

mue.mat
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

mcanco thank you for your feedback, I will add an issue report concerning the unwanted stream rechecking
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

New beta fixing this issue available here: http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxt ... 19582.html