Merge Files With VSO ConvertXtoVideo

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

DATAVIEWER

Merge Files With VSO ConvertXtoVideo

Post by DATAVIEWER »

Hello Everyone,

After importing a DVD (has 20 chapters) into ConvertXtoVideo, I got to total of 20 separate of video clips.
Question: How can I merge these files into ONE file after conversion..?

I would very much appreciate your insights.

Good day!
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: Merge Files With VSO ConvertXtoVideo

Post by cedric »

Hello,

Do you have "Create one titleset per chapter when loading a file" enabled in "Chapters" settings section?
If yes, disable it then reload your file...

Regards,
DATAVIEWER

Post by DATAVIEWER »

Oh! Yeah. I did that.

Thank you very much!
GetToDaChoppa

Post by GetToDaChoppa »

I tried that and still all clips will only convert to the chosen format and do not merge.
Is this version capable of merging a large batch of segmented .TS video files back into one file?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

GetToDaChoppa: are you loading multiple clips?
Original post is about one file with multiple chapters.

Merging multiple files can be done by first loading one clip, then adding to that file.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Just adding a small screenshot to JJ's post:
Attachments
2019-11-27_08-02-51.png
Maggie,
VSO Support
TerryT

Post by TerryT »

Hi everyone
I am trying to merge two video files with ConvertXtoVideo 2 (Latest version), but only the first file comes out in the output folder. I've tried several times but same result. Apparently 2nd file does not seem to be merging with the first although it appears in the main interface as having merged. I attach a file with all three 3 images to see if someone can help.
Image 1 is an image of in the "Advanced Edit " interface showing the 2 files on the Video structure timeline; Image 2 is an image in the main interface after Advanced editing ; Image 3 in an image showing only one of the comes out in the output folder.
Problem Merging 2Video files.jpg
Thanks
thomas54

Post by thomas54 »

Convertxtodvd works fine for merging two titles together, Just add the first title and then right click on it and select merge more files then select the icon at the right hand side of the title and add the next titleset you want to merge i know it works because i’m doing one right now.

indigocard
Last edited by thomas54 on Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerryT

Post by TerryT »

Thanks Thomas 54.
The problem is not that I have not followed the user guide. In fact what you said is exactly as it is in the user manual. The problem is that the conversion process goes through to the end without a hitch. But at the end of the conversion, only the 1st file is shown as in the output folder as I have indicated in the image attached to my previous posting.
If the 2 files are converted, the output is a 2-hour movie file. On this occasion, only the 1st file (44 minutes long) appears in the output folder! I repeated the process about 4 times and got the same result.
To find out whether something was wrong with the recording of the 2nd file, I used on old software, Windows Movie Maker, and it converted both files into one perfectly! Microsoft no longer supports the Windows Movie Maker on its OS beyond Window 7, which is why I made the switch to ConvertXtoVideo. Does anyone in VSO Support department have an explanation regarding my current experience? Thanks
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

I have this happen about 20% of the time. Maybe a memory leak in the app?
Have you tried rebooting PC and then try again?
Or could be just an intermittent problem due to the app not keeping up with the latest version of Windows or video drivers, the last update to the app was in 1999.
VSO Gold Member