Seeing if anyone else has/is having the same problem as me.

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

natedogg

Seeing if anyone else has/is having the same problem as me.

Post by natedogg »

Hello all.

Now I have already tried to get a resolution through support, but they where unable replicate the problem. So I'm coming to you, the knowledgeable "Joe Public" for advice and help.

Now yes before you ask I do have the latest version 2.0.0.11 and this has been a bee in my bonnet since version 1 when I got my first notebook.

The issue/problem I'm having is whenever I start the conversion process and then close the lid of my notebook, after around 2 minutes the notebook will go into standby. And yes I have changed every possible setting in WINDOWS so it stays permanently on, which is the case when I'm not using ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate 2 (I have the same dilemma with Blu-ray Converter Ultimate 4 and it's previous versions but oddly enough not with Downloader 5 or 4).

Now When I log back into WINDOWS the program resumes right where it left off, it doesn't ruin the conversion at all. Once it's finished it's fine again.

The only reason I found this out is I have KODI(aka XBMC) running on this notebook and hooked up to my TV. So when this goes into standby mode I lose KODI till I log back in, which gives me the irrits.

Taking the KODI part out of the equation, has anyone had this happen to them or know of a solution?

Thanks,

Nate
MY NOTEBOOK SPECS:
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Seeing if anyone else has/is having the same problem as

Post by JJ »

Does your laptop stay on with lid closed if no VSO product is running?

I still suspect that you have in power settings "what to do when I close lid" on similar set to sleep.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
natedogg

Post by natedogg »

Thanks for your reply JJ.
JJ wrote:I still suspect that you have in power settings "what to do when I close lid" on similar set to sleep.
I have it set up when I'm using it at home and plugged into the power that it never sleeps and the screen never blacks out, whether I close the lid or not.
Attachments
Power Plan.png
Power button and Lid options.png
MY NOTEBOOK SPECS:
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Ok, next check on advanced settings - there might be sleep or hibernate timer hidden,
or hd is turned off.

Also turn off automatic log-out, and check that screensaver is not asking password.
natedogg

Post by natedogg »

JJ wrote:Ok, next check on advanced settings - there might be sleep or hibernate timer hidden,
or hd is turned off.

Also turn off automatic log-out, and check that screensaver is not asking password.

I double checked the advanced settings and they are such that all are set to never, off etc. And I don't have a screen saver. I've never turned it on, hence why I close the lip. It blacks the screen but leaves everything else on.
MY NOTEBOOK SPECS:
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Is hard drive also set to be always on?

Something is causing this, finding it out might not be so easy...
natedogg

Post by natedogg »

JJ wrote:Is hard drive also set to be always on?
Yes.
JJ wrote:Something is causing this, finding it out might not be so easy...
True.

As a side point, a few months ago I had to "refresh" my OS installation (different programs weren't running properly). The three VSO programs I use (ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate 2, Blu-ray Converter Ultimate 4 and Downloader 5), were the first programs installed after my (after my A/V suite of course). The 2 converter programs still had the same issue.
MY NOTEBOOK SPECS:
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

One more option to check; GFX card drivers very often have their own screen saver / blanker / power option, check those also.
natedogg

Post by natedogg »

I checked that and as far as I can tell it doesn't have a screensaver and couldn't find anything to say it blanks the screen.
MY NOTEBOOK SPECS: