HD to SD convert Help & Advice

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

videodude333

HD to SD convert Help & Advice

Post by videodude333 »

I have a few episodes of a tv show that were recorded in HD 1080P @30 fps. I want to convert these using convertxdvd video to mpeg2 files so that when I gather a certain amount of them I can use convertxdvd to actually build the DVD.

Can anyone give me advice in the best settings to use and filters to maintain as much quality as I can. I know there be will a loss due to going from HD to SD but any help with keeping the result looking the best it can would be welcomed.

Thanks
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: HD to SD convert Help & Advice

Post by Claire »

Because you posted in our forum section ConvertXtoVideo, does that mean you first want to convert these files to mpeg2 with it and then convert those mpeg 2 created files with ConvertXtoDVD?

I really would just put your source files in ConvertXtoDVD and use the default settings to convert. I suggest watching the conversion advisor (in bottom left of application) and only convert with automatic SP project or MP project.