Feature Request

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Dirkmaster

Feature Request

Post by Dirkmaster »

I often find I have to change some General Setting between projects. It would be a real time saver if I could save and load Settings. If this wouldn't be a hard feature to add, that would be great!

Thanx

Dirkmaster
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Feature Request

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Can you give us an example of things you change that would be different project to project?

Thanks!
Dirkmaster

Post by Dirkmaster »

Sure! I change the number of number of cores used for encoding/decoding and the number of simulateous conversions, depending on whether I am making a DVD, a BR, or converting to MP4. This is because the BR & MP4 use my graphic card's cores, but I find the work actually goes quicker if I only use the two NVENC cores. But if I am making a DVD, it will only use my CPU cores. I don't want to use them all, but I can spare more than 2, so I change the number of cores used to 3.

If the settings could be tied to output format, that would be even more awesome.

kes
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks for explaining we will discuss and see if we can find a solution.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello Dirkmaster,

Using specific settings per output format (in fact per video codec) seems too complicated for an user friendly program like ConvertXtoVideo.
Major part of users do not change these settings so, I'm sorry but we can't implement your request.

But... I added some "quick access settings" directly accessible from main interface menu.
To modify your "often changed" settings, you don't need to open the settings windows anymore.

Regards,