Question about Cutting Parts of a vid

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Mike89

Question about Cutting Parts of a vid

Post by Mike89 »

I have a video and I wanted to take a part of it out and just save the result in the original format (no conversion). In this program (version 2), I could not figure out how to do that. I could cut a portion out but then saw no way to just save the result without having to do a conversion. Is there a way?
I7 3770K (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 770, Acer P236H, Soundblaster Z, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), 2 DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Rosewill Photon 750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 10 Pro x64
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Question about Cutting Parts of a vid

Post by Claire »

You can select the conversion profile MKV full remuw, and that will copy the file without the sections you "cut", the file will not be reencoded.

if you want you can also create a custom profile, and select for the video and audio settings to "remux" the video, this way they are not converted but
copied, keeping only the sections you want.