How to create separate folders

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

lenjayne

How to create separate folders

Post by lenjayne »

Hi all. I've spent a few hours trying to figure out the following: I need to make some DVD's that include several different folders with different clips in each folder. For example I need a folder called Thinking with several associated clips and then a folder called Emotions with several associated clips. The clips are small so I expect to fit several folders onto one disk.

When I have tried so far, the files keep going into the first folder so I need some way to separate them if that makes sense.

I'm not sure if I should be calling them "folders" and I hope I've explained myself well enough.

I'm using convertxtovideo 6.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide,

Len
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: How to create separate folders

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Are you using ConvertXtoDVD v6
or ConvertXtoVideo (version 1 or 2)

If you are trying to do this in ConvertXtoDVD, you can't go about this the way you think, but you can probably get the result you want, but not the way you think.

Each conversion makes a audio_ts and video_ts folder. Those two folder are inside one main folder the the name of your project or the name of the 1st file converted. You can only burn 1 audio_ts and video_ts folder to a DVD, imposed by DVD standard.... if not respected then the disk will not play properly in a DVD player.

You can however add all your files to be converted, and access each one from the main menu. If you want you can merge files to each other so the items merged only appear as one item in the menu, and have chapter points for each file merged, so if really you wanted you could go to the chapter menu and then select each section you want to play.
lenjayne

Re: How to create separate folders

Post by lenjayne »

Thanks, I'll give that a try.