Audio out of sync Have tried time offset

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Mcrakin

Audio out of sync Have tried time offset

Post by Mcrakin »

I am using VSO Video Converter 1.0.0.22 and I have been using it without issue for years.

I am trying to convert a .mkv file to PlayStation 3 Mpeg4, The final product has the audio coming in before the video. I tried to offset it in the editor menu by making the time offset -600 making the video come before the audio but the final product left me with no change.

I installed the new video editor ultimate thinking it may fix the problem but it kept blue screening my computer. I updated my video card and still got the same problem. I talked with a friend who told me to read the mini dump file but I could not figure out how to open it. I spent 2 hours downloading visual studio 2013 and WDK 8 that I got from a microsoft website that I think said I needed it to view it but it still did not work. There was a file the my computer made but I cannot make sense of it.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004C30038
BCP3: 00000000BE000000
BCP4: 0000000000800400
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\082015-28314-01.dmp
C:\Users\Landry\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-122991-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

My level of computer knowledge is enough to be dangerous (I know some)

I understand I am posting 2 problems here so which ever one I can get fixed would be awesome.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Audio out of sync Have tried time offset

Post by Claire »

Hello,

So with 1.6.0.23 you are getting a blue screen error? When exactly does this happen? Can you play the file normally in another player?

Why did you update your video card? Does the problem only happen when you have the settings "on" for hardware encoders and decoders?
Mcrakin

Post by Mcrakin »

After trying to convert the files several times (starting the convert and going to bed) I would come back and it was not completed and I had no idea what happened. So I tried converting just one file and at around the 20 min mark (watching it convert 20 min in) I got a blue screen.

When I try to convert video to play on my PS3 I use (can I double click on it and open it in WMP) to determine if I need to convert it or not. If I have to open the video file in VLC then I know that I have to convert it and until now its been going smoothly. With the audio out of sync I thought MAYBE updating my conversion software would fix it then it took me to download ultimate (which I did). Only after using Ultimate did I start getting the blue screen. I can play these files in VLC but not in WMP.

I updated my video card drivers because I thought that may help (no real reason just not knowing what else to do)

"Setting "on" for hardware encoders and decoders" I am not sure what you are asking.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

this is the setting I mean about switching off
Snap752.jpg
If you want to revert and see if it solves the blue screen problem here is the program from several months back when it was called Video Converter http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/AllVS ... .0.10b.exe
Mcrakin

Post by Mcrakin »

I don't know why but that fixed it, even the audio is fixed, Im going to attempt to convert the rest of it and ill let you know, thank you very much.
Mcrakin

Post by Mcrakin »

It happened again
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Our software has changed a lot since your last post. Do you want to try with our new version 2.0.0.7?
http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxt ... 18977.html

Maybe we can get to the bottom of the issue should it happen again, but ideally you can find the conditions that reproduce this issue.