Convert to AVCHD 1080p or Blu Ray 1080p?

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

carnage6

Convert to AVCHD 1080p or Blu Ray 1080p?

Post by carnage6 »

I'm trying to make some Blu-Ray movies using VSO Video Converter. I'm taking 1080p files and I want to transfer them to a Blu-Ray disc and have the most compatibility with different players. My question is, is it better to convert to AVCHD 1080p or Blu Ray 1080p? So far I've been converting to AVCHD 1080p because someone told me that has higher compatibility with different players. Is that true? One Blu Ray I made with AVCHD 1080p worked fine in my player but created problems with a PS3 and my computer. One my computer wouldn't even play (said something about being an unsupported format) but played fine on my Blu Ray player. So I'm confused. What is best and why?
scorpion90

Re: Convert to AVCHD 1080p or Blu Ray 1080p?

Post by scorpion90 »

It's been my experience that all Blu-ray players will obviously play blu-ray but not all blu-ray players will play AVCHD format as it was primarily meant for camera video. The only advantage AVCHD has is that it can do hidef video on a dvd disc, otherwise there is no advantage that I can see. Hope this helps.