Audio Sync Problem

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

ERamseth

Audio Sync Problem

Post by ERamseth »

Hi-

I tried your latest beta version 1.5.0.2 of video converter and the nvenc function works great.

There is a problem with audio sync when I encode from WTV/MPEG-2/AC3 to MP4/H.264/AAC. I think the audio is delayed by a few seconds but I'm not sure.

If you can fix this, I'm considering purchasing the software, as I cannot find any other video converters that actually use nvenc.

EDIT: This problem still exists in 1.5.0.4 I can upload the video I am attempting to convert if you like. Please let me know.

Thanks.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Audio Sync Problem

Post by Claire »

How can you not be sure if there is an audio sync issue.

Is the original out of sync?

In our software you can offset the audio in the advanced editor window and this can correct audio sync issues exisiting in the original file.
ERamseth

Post by ERamseth »

I can tell it is not in sync because the audio and video are off sync by about 2 seconds. The source file is in sync. This problem happens with software and hardware encoding and software and hardware decoding.

Other converters like handbrake and media espresso do not have this issue.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Ok thanks,

I sent you an email requesting the original file so we can correct the issue.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

what format are you converting to?
I asked by email but the server routing our emails seems to be delayed...
omniart

Post by omniart »

I was considering upgrading my older ConvertXtoDVD, but since 2006 these audio sync problems seem to be a major problem. My Original is perfectly in sync. The output VOB files are perfectly in sync, but the DVD ConvertXtoDVD creates starts in sync but eventually goes out of sync. Very annoying!
I don't think asking to see the original files is the issue here. ConvertXtoDVD is doing something wrong... maybe in the burning process.
Thanks!
Copnm

Post by Copnm »

Hello omniart,

Please don't assume it's the program. Sometimes it is the actual file that's corrupted or converted/recorded bad. This is why they ask for the file.

If it is the program, then they can tweak the program so that at the end of the conversion, the file is 100% in sync. User cooperation is needed to help solve problems.

Thanks for reading,
Neil M
ALWAYS search the forums and read announcements. They will most likely have the answer(s) you are looking for.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello ERamseth,

Problem fixed in last beta version (1.5.0.18)

Thank you for your feedback...

Regards