Latest beta version - 1.5.0.0

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Claire
VSO Team Member

Latest beta version - 1.5.0.0

Post by Claire »

Latest beta version (1.5.0.0 ) :
does not exist see latest official version
(currently no beta version)

Please post any problems you find here, and if you have no problems you can post that too! Thanks!

Latest official (stable) version is 1.5.0.0:
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/vid ... verter.php

Beta Version History - change log:
Video Converter - 1.5.0.0
===============================================
- 0008533: [Bug] Open file dialog filter doens't work in video editor (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008530: [Suggestion] Add an option to abort conversion on first encoding error (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008529: [Bug] DVD menus rendered in 4/3 when DVD PAL 16/9 or NTSC 16/9 profiles are selected (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008512: [Bug] cant check cuda in settings (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008509: [Bug] ipad h264 conversion much slower than previous versions (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008517: [Bug] Bad aspect ratio in thumbnail when converting (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008507: [Bug] settings not applied to dvd output (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008494: [Crash] conversion error when adding subtitles to Ipad conversion (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008505: [Bug] mkv remux + 2 pass conversion doesnt finish (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008506: [Bug] letterbox always saved in advanced editor even when custom values entered (cedric) - resolved.

Video Converter - 1.4.0.22
================================================
- 0008492: [Suggestion] Take input video SAR into account to display static preview (Video editor) (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008491: [Feature Request] Keep history (MRU list) of loaded projects (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008489: [Crash] Getting error when starting conversion with custom profile selected (cedric) - resolved.

Video Converter - 1.4.0.21 (Released 2014-09-11) [ View Issues ]
================================================
- 0008488: [Suggestion] Associate .vcprj files to Video Converter (project files) (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008487: [Suggestion] Remember encoder output profile in projects (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008481: [Suggestion] Add VCD output formats in main profiles (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008480: [Bug] Getting error when Max.bitrate value is empty (custom profile editor) (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008479: [Bug] DTS/TrueHD/AC3 7.1 audio tracks are not remuxed even if requested by user (problem with Blu-ray output only) (cedric) - resolved.

Thank you for your help!
cribber

Re: Latest beta version - 1.4.0.8

Post by cribber »

New nVidia drivers released v340.52 WHQL. nVidia Hardware Decoding still doesn't work.

Also, is the Trial version the same as the FREE version ? My friend wanted to try this program and I noticed that there is a Free version. I installed it on her computer and it comes up saying it's a Trial ? It doesn't say anywhere that it's the Free version.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hello,

There is no "free" version, there is a free trial, but that only converts the first 10 minutes of a file.

Why do you think hardware decoding is not working?
cribber

Post by cribber »

On your website there is a 'VSO Free MKV WebM Converter'. How do you not know this ?

Since nVidia released their last Beta and WHQL drivers the 'nVidia Hardware Decoding' option is greyed out. I told Cedric about this when nVidia released new Beta drivers but he said he'll take a look on the next WHQL drivers (which came out about 2 days ago).
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

cribber wrote:On your website there is a 'VSO Free MKV WebM Converter'. How do you not know this ?
You are right, I did forget about it, I am sorry, converting to Mkv, Webm, audio ogg profiles should work with no limitation, if there is one then there is a bug, this was a bug for example for profile MKV-VP8 in version 3.3.0.0 fixed in versions superior to that
cribber wrote: Since nVidia released their last Beta and WHQL drivers the 'nVidia Hardware Decoding' option is greyed out. I told Cedric about this when nVidia released new Beta drivers but he said he'll take a look on the next WHQL drivers (which came out about 2 days ago).
Ok I will see with Cedric, but I will not have an answer until near the end of august.
cribber

Post by cribber »

You are right, I did forget about it, I am sorry, converting to Mkv, Webm, audio ogg profiles should work with no limitation, if there is one then there is a bug, this was a bug for example for profile MKV-VP8 in version 3.3.0.0 fixed in versions superior to that
So the Free version is actually the same download as the Trial version but converting to MKV is unrestricted ?? If not then when doesn't it say it's the Free version when installed ?
Since nVidia released their last Beta and WHQL drivers the 'nVidia Hardware Decoding' option is greyed out. I told Cedric about this when nVidia released new Beta drivers but he said he'll take a look on the next WHQL drivers (which came out about 2 days ago).
Claire wrote:Ok I will see with Cedric, but I will not have an answer until near the end of august.
A whole month ? Why is it going to take a month ? I guess i'll have to stay on outdated drivers then.

Edit: Why aren't the quotes working properly ?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

for the quotes you have to uncheck the bbcode option
(with admin power, I edit your post and uncheck the option in forums posts I see this problem, like yours, that is why it is now different)
Attachments
Snap1290.jpg
cribber

Post by cribber »

claire wrote:You are right, I did forget about it, I am sorry, converting to Mkv, Webm, audio ogg profiles should work with no limitation, if there is one then there is a bug, this was a bug for example for profile MKV-VP8 in version 3.3.0.0 fixed in versions superior to that
So the Free version is actually the same download as the Trial version but converting to MKV is unrestricted ?? If not then why doesn't it say it's the Free version when installed ?
cribber wrote:Since nVidia released their last Beta and WHQL drivers the 'nVidia Hardware Decoding' option is greyed out. I told Cedric about this when nVidia released new Beta drivers but he said he'll take a look on the next WHQL drivers (which came out about 2 days ago).
Claire wrote:Ok I will see with Cedric, but I will not have an answer until near the end of august.
A whole month ? Why is it going to take a month ?
cribber

Post by cribber »

cribber wrote:
claire wrote:You are right, I did forget about it, I am sorry, converting to Mkv, Webm, audio ogg profiles should work with no limitation, if there is one then there is a bug, this was a bug for example for profile MKV-VP8 in version 3.3.0.0 fixed in versions superior to that
So the Free version is actually the same download as the Trial version but converting to MKV is unrestricted ?? If not then why doesn't it say it's the Free version when installed ?
cribber wrote:Since nVidia released their last Beta and WHQL drivers the 'nVidia Hardware Decoding' option is greyed out. I told Cedric about this when nVidia released new Beta drivers but he said he'll take a look on the next WHQL drivers (which came out about 2 days ago).
A whole month ? Why is it going to take a month ?
Just out of interest, why aren't you replying to my questions ? Has Cedric gone AWOL ?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

cribber wrote:So the Free version is actually the same download as the Trial version but converting to MKV is unrestricted ??
That is correct. When you press convert when a profile is selected that is not free- a pop up will appear informing the user which profiles can be used without limitation.
cribber wrote:A whole month ? Why is it going to take a month ?
People take vacation or can be busy doing other things too.
firewalkernl

Latest version - 1.3.0.0

Post by firewalkernl »

how does it work with menus,
just 4 episode do drop, and DVD 5 PAL and prepare menus that matter what I set in settings.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Latest version - 1.3.0.0

Post by Claire »

firewalkernl wrote:how does it work with menus,
just 4 episode do drop, and DVD 5 PAL and prepare menus that matter what I set in settings.
I really do not understand. Are you having a problem? If so, please say what it is and also post your log file from the conversion.
firewalkernl

Re: Latest version - 1.3.0.0

Post by firewalkernl »

hello,
I have a problem,
all the time, through this program.
it is not possible, exchange to convertxtodvd.
VSO I have absolutely nothing.
subtitles, is not good and sound.

I'm done with that VSO video converter.
each time new version's only problem.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hello,

I think you should contact VSO Support directly and summarize your problem
http://www.vso-software.fr/contactform.php
State also what you would like: solution, exchange license, refund....
firewalkernl

Post by firewalkernl »

ok.

Claire wrote:Hello,

I think you should contact VSO Support directly and summarize your problem
http://www.vso-software.fr/contactform.php
State also what you would like: solution, exchange license, refund....
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi Guys
Converting a FLV file To MP4 H264 using the inbuilt Generic Video setting if you go to the Advanced Edit options bit rate shows at very low 360 if I use V1.3xx it displays a higher bit rate in addition, playback of the converted MP4 file stutters during playback if I use the file converted using V1.4.0.8 but if I use V1.3.XX the latest stable for the conversion the Mp4 converted file now will playback without stutter.
In addition, the FPS during conversion with V1.4.0.8 is only giving 227 with Cuda option but getting 557 using V1.3.xx with same selected generic video MP4 H264 setting.
I am getting the same problem with stutter of a converted AVI Xvid file with V1.4.0.8. The FLV file used for conversion playbacks stutter free (tried a few players with V1.4.0.8 conversions all stuttered even VSO's media player).
Have gone back to V.1.3xx for now I believe this this problem only happened with V1.4.0.8
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Latest beta version - 1.4.0.12

Post by Claire »

new beta published
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Latest beta version - 1.4.0.13

Post by Claire »

new beta published again
cribber

Re: Latest beta version - 1.4.0.15

Post by cribber »

v1.4.0.14
Reference Frames and B-Frames don't save in the custom settings.
No desktop icon.
Possibly other stuff.

v1.4.0.15
Video Aspect Ratio in custom settings doesn't work (greyed out).
Possibly other stuff.

Please add 'Intel QuickSync' for GPU acceleration. Thanks.
scorpion90

Re: Latest beta version - 1.4.0.15

Post by scorpion90 »

The custom profiles do not store the H264 options for Preset and Tune. It would be good to have an explanation or guide to some of the new options in the custom profile.

No remux of full DTS audio (HD or HD MA).

Thanks,