Bluray comes up as Unknown Disc

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

renits

Bluray comes up as Unknown Disc

Post by renits »

Hi
I have just converted a MKV file to Bluray using the latest version 1.2.0.19 and have found that the bluray will play fine on old and cheap bluray players (eg Sonic BD100,LaserBD1000,and old OPPO BD83 and LG HR936T)but will come up as unknown disc on newer and more top of the range players.EG(OPPO BD103AU,LGBP530 and a few of the new Sony and Panasonic players).
Even using your previous versions i have had the same problem for a while.
I have used your programs Default Blu-ray 1080P setting and also i created a custom setting and both times the result is the same (Unknown Disc).
I dont know if the newer players have changed some of the restrictions in the players themselves.
The only other older program that is successful every time is a program called Sothink HD Movie Maker,this program does not have the flexibility that yours does,i do hope we can get this problem sorted out.
I have attached the only log i could find.

Regards
Renits
Attachments
VSO Video Converter 1_crashlog_.20140522.154503.618.log
(7.87 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Bluray comes up as Unknown Disc

Post by Claire »

I don't know but here are some thoughts:

Are you converting to an HD structure profile? Blu-ray? Maybe these players would prefer an AVCHD structure.

Do you think the newer players are not compatible with the type (brand/model) of DVD's you are using?

If you are converting to Blu-ray do you think they are expecting blu-ray contents to be on a blu-ray disk? Have you ever burnt onto a blu-ray disk (they are more expense).
renits

Post by renits »

Thanks for getting back to me Claire.
I have tried this again by selecting the AVCHD 1080p structure from the defined drop down menu and can confirm that this will work in the players that i was having trouble with.eg(OPPO BD103au,LGBP530).
But when i go to create a custom structure still using the AVCHD structure as my base then select up-scaled audio an so on.When put into ANY player (Sonic BD100,LaserBD1000,and old OPPO BD83,OPPO BD103AU,LGBP530 and LG HR936T)they all will play audio but show no picture at all.This seems to be a real bad problem and i can't figure it out.
The media i am using is Taiyo Yuden OEM DVD-R 8x medis code TYG02.
I have not tried converting to a Bluray disc as i currently don't have one to convert to.
The version i was trying is the latest 1.2.0.21,have also tried with 1.2.0.22 same result.
I would like to get this figured out please.
Have attached the latest log.

Cheers
Renits
Attachments
VSO Video Converter 1_mainlog_.20140528.140100.127.log
(13.6 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

You are trying to create "BD5" or "BD9" disc, DVD using BR format.
This is not supported officially and many players might not play it at all.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
renits

Post by renits »

I have tried both BD5 and BD9 both have the same problem.
Have tried the Bluray and AVCHD formats in
Cheers
Renits
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#BD9_and_BD5

"Despite the fact that the BD9 format has been adopted as part of the BD-ROM basic format, none of the existing Blu-ray player models support it explicitly. As such, the discs recorded in BD9 and BD5 formats are not guaranteed to play on standard Blu-ray Disc players."
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
renits

Post by renits »

ok i do understand what you are saying,but as i stated in my last post
(I have tried this again by selecting the AVCHD 1080p structure from the defined drop down menu and can confirm that this will work in the players that i was having trouble with.eg(OPPO BD103au,LGBP530).
But when i go to create a custom structure still using the AVCHD structure as my base then select up-scaled audio an so on.When put into ANY player (Sonic BD100,LaserBD1000,and old OPPO BD83,OPPO BD103AU,LGBP530 and LG HR936T)they all will play audio but show no picture at all)
When i use Sothink HD Movie Maker(BD5 or BD9) it will work every time on all players,i would like to get this fixed as i believe your product is Superior.
I want to know why it will not work(no Picture) when i set a custom structure.
Cheers
Renits
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello renits,

Do you selected "Remux if possible" option in custom profile editor?
If yes, I think the video source stream was not compatible with Blu-ray/AVCHD structure and need to be re-encoded.
Uncheck this option then retry.

Regards,
renits

Post by renits »

Unselected "remux if possible"and tried it again with the new beta 1.4.0.2 version.
Same result no picture.

Regards
Renits
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Video Converter version 1.4.0.4
corrects this bug:
- 0008164: [Bug] burnt blu-ray structures are recognized as data disks rather than blu-ray structures for playing (Claire) - resolved.

maybe this will solve the problem you've had