All Contents Deleted

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Coral
VSO Moderators

All Contents Deleted

Post by Coral »

Hello Cedric,
Version 1.1.0.26
I have set the converter to save the file to the desktop. When I started conversion an error occerred. I have been asked If I wanted to delete the partially converter file. Answering Yes deleted all the icons and other files on the desktop too. :? :evil:
Attachments
error.jpg
steptoe

Re: All Contents Deleted

Post by steptoe »

Not the best help to offer, but in future save your projects to a different folder

All the converter did was delete everything in the named folder. It didn't know you saved the project files to your desktop

Go to the settings option, and then choose output folder in the list that appears and create a folder on your desktop (if you insist on saving the output files there) and tell the videoconverter to create files inside this new folder (maybe called VideoConverter)

Also, change the option output folder generation method to add project name in path

What this option will do is create a subfolder for each project you start. So, if that project fails you will lose ONLY the files in the current folder and not everything in the main save folder .... as you found out to your dismay when it deleted everything
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Hello Steptoe,

Please don't think that I don't appriciate your interest to help. I have been aware that in the past versions the converter acted this way. In my opinion it should only delete the created file. I have been hoping that this "bug" will be fixed in future versions.
Or a warning be issued saying "All the Contents of the Folder Will be Deleted"

Let's wait for Cedric's responce. 8)
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hi,

Yes we will see what Cedric says. I tried to reproduce but I cannot, I am surprised. I wonder what the difference would be
Maybe he released two versions called 1.1.0.26?
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Hello Claire,

Thank you for your reply. This has happend to me also in the past. I have been aware that this can happen. I usually create a folder for saving into. This time I forgot.
I remembet that somebody else has reported this quite some time ago.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

well this does ring a bell and I thought Cedric already fixed it (and we would not have left a beta online if it contained such a bug) but maybe I am wrong. Cedric will refresh our memory when he is available.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Hello Cedric,

It appears that the problem in this thread has been sorted out. :D
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

ok great. thanks for reporting back.