Converting one file deletes all files in the folder

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

DiskJunky

Converting one file deletes all files in the folder

Post by DiskJunky »

I had converted 3/4 episodes on a disk and was experimenting with different encoding formats on the last episode to get a faster speed (it takes 1+ hour to convert an episode and I have a very powerful PC :-S). However, when I cancelled the conversion of #4 half way through, the option to "clean up" deleted ALL files in the folder, not just the file just created. Now I have to spend [i]another[/i] 4 hours converting the disk. Again. Grr.

Please tweak the software to delete only the files that it was worked on in that batch - not entire directory contents!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Converting one file deletes all files in the folder

Post by Coral »

I have asked that the software will add a number to a file with the same name and extention. For exmple: Our Holiday.mpg, Our Holiday 01.mpg, Our Holiday 02. mpg and so on. Perhaps Cedric will include this in the next beta.
Deleting all the files inside the folder is a nasty bug.

See my post here:
http://forums.vso-software.fr/how-to-pr ... 17392.html
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

@DiskJunky: I fixed your problem for the next version. Only the files converted (even partially) in last session will be deleted.

@Coral: I fixed your problem too. If previously converted files with same name exists, you will be prompted to delete them:
- if you click on "Cancel", the conversion process is aborted
- if you click on "Yes", the files with same name are deleted before starting the conversion process
- if you click "No", the previously converted files are not deleted, and the new ones will be named like "file_2.avi, file_3.avi..."

Regards,
DiskJunky

Post by DiskJunky »

@Cedric, cool, look forward to trying it! It's great to get such a prompt response to the bug/feature requests - the software has a lot of potential and I can't wait to see it evolve :-) Keep up the good work!
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Cedric, You are just great !