How to prevent folder creation?

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Mike89

How to prevent folder creation?

Post by Mike89 »

I can't get this program to not create a folder of it's own. When I tell it where to put the conversion, it creates a folder then puts the file in there. I don't want it doing that. I already have the check out of "Create folder with profile name in destination path.
I7 3770K (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 770, Acer P236H, Soundblaster Z, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), 2 DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Rosewill Photon 750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 10 Pro x64
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: How to prevent folder creation?

Post by Coral »

I also prefare that no folder is created. I think the idea of producing a folder is because of the temp. conversion file *.muxcache.
However, if this is the reason the *.muxcache temp file could be hidden untill the conversion is canceled or finished.
Mike89

Post by Mike89 »

Yeah the whole purpose of putting a file where you want it is to have it where you want it, not to have it inside an additional folder that was not wanted. Should be an easy fix.
I7 3770K (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 770, Acer P236H, Soundblaster Z, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), 2 DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Rosewill Photon 750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 10 Pro x64
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Ok you won...

I will add the possibility to use the output folder without adding any extra path in next version.
I thought that adding project name and/or video format in path was usefull but it seems some users want to have all their files in same location.

Regards,
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Hello Cedric,
You are a great asset to the VSO team. You always do your best to keep us happy.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Thank you Coral!

I try to take into account all users requests because if they take the time to write a post I think I must take the time to fix problems /add feature requests...

Regards,
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Hello Cedric,

Thank you very much for:
- 0006899: [Feature Request] Add the possibility to convert all files in same output folder.

I wonder if you can oblige further. Is it possible that instead of the warning "Destination folder needs to be cleared ........." You would allow the user to choose between overwriting the file or add new file with the same name ? The new file will contain an added number such as My Movie.mpg, My Movie 01.mpg.... and so on.