Too slow.. NO CUDA WITH 670 CARD

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

BenieUK

Too slow.. NO CUDA WITH 670 CARD

Post by BenieUK »

Tried all versions upto latest 22 BETA.. I cannot select CUDA with my 670 card. latest NVidia drivers. looks to become a great program as always.. thanks VSO from a Gold Member ;-)
Budda_357

Re: Too slow.. NO CUDA WITH 670 CARD

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi Benie UK
It seems the bug might affect all the Geforce 600 series of Nvidia cards :( I cannot wait for the fix.
It would intersting if someone could confirm if have tried using V1.0.0.22 with the new Nvidia 700 series of graphic cards if Cuda encoder option still greyed out.

Since version 1.0.0.22 at least I can now select output formats I tried a quick test comparison between the video Converter and CX2D5 same file using Vid Convert 111fps to CX2D5 256fps CX2D5 is just over 2 times quicker at the moment.

I can not wait until Cuda problem fixed and able to start manually playing around with frame & bit rates see what the max fps/br can set to get a good quality output.

On my setup CX2D5 has constantly achieved 370fps and over with a max around 2500 kb bit rate which is great when converting 3 movies.

In addition, while the video converter 1.0.0.22 at the moment is running all cores at 98% loading the same file in CX2D5 only pushing cores to 55% to get those fps.

I tried clean installing the latest July 1st WHQL 314.22 driver even as a test tried an older March driver but still cuda option greyed out.

Great to see Samsung profiles added to V1.0.0.22 but wait a Samsung Note 1, 2 & 3 as same profile do VSO have some insider info re the up coming Samsung Galaxy Note 3 :wink: :wink: the GN3 does not go into full production until August (September release date) and believe will be this time a 1080p display but sadly maybe an LCD due to OLED display shortages and if the recent Note 8 release is any thing to go by it came with the disappointing LCD screen option. :cry:

On my setup the VSO DVD converter programs have all the hardware optimiztions options are able to to enbaled.

The VSO Video Converter is a great package in the works and I too give ticks all way round :mrgreen:
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

I tried a quick test comparison between the video Converter and CX2D5 same file using Vid Convert 111fps to CX2D5 256fps
Do you selected same output formats for your your tests (DVD Video output format)?

FYI Video Converter uses the DVD encoder engine of ConvertXtoDVD and CUDA is never used (MPEG2 codec) in DVD Video format.

Regards,
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi Cedric
My bad :oops: didn't check I had slected the wrong custom profile (too quick with the mouse click) which was for MP4 format instead of one of the ones have that had created for DVD.

I have not been able to give the program a go as up until V1.0.022 could not change output format.
So I was doing a quick comparison test and should of tried a couple of files to convert.

The file was a 95m31s AVI file the profile used this time was DVD 16:9 set max bit rate to 900 Kbs used for good files that have very good detail.

Quick convert took just over 2 minutes to convert and the result

It looks better than the screen capture (OK time to research better free screen capture tool than W7s' snipping tool)

One thing Cedric is it possible to suggest to be able to add manually adjusable pad and cropping features in the future for the Video Converter (like CX2D5 I like being able to get rid of those black bars and manually adjust the picture symmetry) did see user define setting on fit method tab but could not see yet how to set my own settings for user define setting

On my setup the Nvidia Cuda encoder hardware optimization is still greyed out (have tried the latest WHQL 1st July release 320.20 as a last test went back to the March release 314.22 can't wait to see what it can do on my setup once am able to use the GPU encoding)
But able to selct on the DVD/Blu-ray Converter programs

VSOs' Video Converter is a great package :mrgreen: in progress Cedric (I have used a few video converter programs over the years like Media Coder, Handbrake and others and this program shows the most promise for a beta startup especially as with programs like Media-Coder you have to ensure the correct settings for the various output formats and it took a while to get the right blance through trial and error with the help of tutorials, tips and guides on the forum.
One last question please Cedric will the VSO converter ever be able to utilize Intel Quick Sync Video technology :?:
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello,

You can adjust pad crop manually by using video editor.
Double click on item you want to edit then click on the video track to show video settings.
You will found manual editing choice in video fit method kist.

Regards,
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Cedric
Thanks for that I thought as I had set user defined for screen fit in the programs settings that when I selected the edit function on the right of the added file expected to see the pad crop settings in the left hand panel & tried the tabs at the top.

In addition, could a safe area option be added to the program like in CX2D.

Re the Cuda encoder being greyed out the GPU card I'm using is an Asus model ENGTX660TI-DC2O-2GD5 have installed the latest Nvidia WHQL driver which was released the 1st July being V320.49.

In addition, have tried V320.18 and even went back to the March V314.22 but Cuda encoder option still greyed out the drivers are installed as clean installs.

I also have VSO's Blu-ray & DVD Converter installed and able to select the Cuda encoder function with both of those programs for the card but not for VSOs' video converter program :?:

Cheers
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
BenieUK

Post by BenieUK »

Still no CUDA in the newest betas been posted.. Is a fix been worked on? Thanks
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello BenieUK,

Sorry but I was not able to reproduce your problem here on 12 different Nvidia CUDA cards.
I think the problem can be with Nvidia settings manager. Can you try by uninstalling all Nvidia programs (except drivers...)

Thank you!
BenieUK

Post by BenieUK »

Hi, I tried uninstalling NVidia software one at a time and re-testing video converter.. after only been left with NVidia drivers the problem is still there.. I cannot select CUDA the option is grayed out... this is a ASUS 670 OC Mini card if that helps. thank you for the effort with this problem
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi BenieUK,

Please can you try with 1.0.0.28 version?

Regards,