A new Video Converter beta version (1.1.0.23) is out!

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

renits

Re: A new Video Converter beta version (1.1.0.22) is out!

Post by renits »

Hi All

I am a newbie here so please excuse me if these questions have already been asked.I currently use your ConvertXtoDVD program so some of these requests you have in that program.
Feature requests please:
1 On the General Page is it possible to get a check box like you have in ConvertXtoDVD that says (Remember last opened folder box.)
2 On the Burning page would like a check box that says (delete folder on program exit.)
3 The option for a pop up box to come up at the end of burning and ask you (would you like to make another copy)this would be very useful for multiple copies without going through the whole process again.
4 Is it possible to get the Video bit rate to automatically adjust to the selection of the user target size, instead of manually adjusting it every time i convert a different file.
5 is it possible to add DTS as one of the audio selections as well, or be able to encode 2 audio streams on the project at once (eg dolby digital 5.1 and DTS)

Question
What is the audio selection for the hd structure? as there is none, but the DVD tab has one.

Fix
On the HD structure tab when you click on the drop down box it says
DVD-5 (4300MB)
DVD-9 (7700MB)
BD-25 (23000MB)
DVD-9 (46000MB)

I believe the last one should read
BD-50 (46000MB)

Look forward to hearing your replies
Regards
Renits :D :D
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello renits,

1 Video Converter always use the last opened folder as default (regarding file type needed: video, audio, subtitle, ISO, DVD or Blu-ray files).
2 a check box that says (delete folder on program exit.) Added for the next version (delete folder after burn)
3 "multiple copies." Will be added in future version, but not the next
4 "Video bit rate to automatically adjust to the selection of the user target size" Will check how to add an user target size setting.
5 DTS output: not for near future. " be able to encode 2 audio streams on the project at once" can you give more details and the case where this type of setting can be useful?

Question
What is the audio selection for the hd structure? Always AC3 as audio output.

Fix
On the HD structure tab when you click on the drop down box it says
DVD-5 (4300MB)
DVD-9 (7700MB)
BD-25 (23000MB)
DVD-9 (46000MB) FIXED

Regards,
sheepie

Post by sheepie »

Hi, I managed to crash 1.1.0.22 quite easily. I don't see the problem with 1.1.0.20.

- Select PAL 16/9 DVD output format.
- Keep adding files until video quality shown (below) changes from "Best available" to a percentage, e.g. 96%. I had to add ~4 x 1Gb MPEG4/H264 1280x720x25fps files.
- Click Start.

A dialog pops up "Preparing DVD Video encoding process, please wait...".

VC1 then either crashes or shows "Floating point overflow".
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

thanks sheepie, I reproduce and reported here
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=7344

Thanks very much!
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: A new Video Converter beta version (1.1.0.23) is out!

Post by Claire »

new beta thread created here for book keeping reasons
http://forums.vso-software.fr/latest-be ... 17715.html (no new current beta yet, latest is still 1.1.0.23)