Am I missing something with step sizes ?

bluray player, video player, audio player, free video player, free media player

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, alexia, Forum admin

Rod Speed

Am I missing something with step sizes ?

Post by Rod Speed »

There appears to be only one step size when playing. This is a problem when playing recorded TV programs when you want to skip the advertisements. I prefer to have a course step size which steps right over the entire ad break and then be able to make much smaller steps to find the start of the new program segment that follows the ad break. Since the length of the normal ad break varys quite a bit by TV channel, I set the big step size to the average ad break for the channel with the smallest ad breads and just use a couple of big steps for the other channels that have bigger ad breaks.

While on the subject of what would be nice, it would be nice to be able to just click on the VSO media player window and have it pause and continue after a pause. That's a pretty standard thing with youtube etc. Currently I normally have the VSO media player on its own physical monitor screen and am doing something like playing FreeCell Pro in another window on a different physical monitor screen and have to click on the VSO media player screen and then tap the space bar to get that play/pause toggle.