Bad results with a GTX1060

bluray player, video player, audio player, free video player, free media player

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, alexia, Forum admin

Hollywood

Bad results with a GTX1060

Post by Hollywood »

Specs: i7-6700k, 4GHz, 16 GB, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Until last week I was using the Intel HD 530 built-in display adaptor and VSO Media Player was giving me quite satisfatory results.

I added an Asus ROG Strix GTX-1060 and now I'm having constant stutters throughout, enough to stop using VSO Media Player. Is that a simple driver bug or is somebody aware of a problem with this kind of GPU ?
KnightCyrrus

Re: Bad results with a GTX1060

Post by KnightCyrrus »

Hollywood wrote:Specs: i7-6700k, 4GHz, 16 GB, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Until last week I was using the Intel HD 530 built-in display adaptor and VSO Media Player was giving me quite satisfatory results.

I added an Asus ROG Strix GTX-1060 and now I'm having constant stutters throughout, enough to stop using VSO Media Player. Is that a simple driver bug or is somebody aware of a problem with this kind of GPU ?
Try toggling "use hardware decoding" and "enable multiprocessor" in advanced settings tab
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I did played with these settings at the date I wrote this message but just to be sure, I downloaded the latest version and retried.

Same result whatever the settings for using hardware acceleration, the multi-processor and the GDI. I also played with the cache. The movies are never smooth.

But thanks for your answer.
KnightCyrrus

Post by KnightCyrrus »

Hollywood wrote:I did played with these settings at the date I wrote this message but just to be sure, I downloaded the latest version and retried.

Same result whatever the settings for using hardware acceleration, the multi-processor and the GDI. I also played with the cache. The movies are never smooth.

But thanks for your answer.
Sorry to hear that, I have similar config, a bit older (win 7 64bit, i7 4770k, ROG GTX 770, 16GB of ram) and apart from audio desyncing on very high bit rate files (disabling multiprocessor setting fixed it, you don't need it anyway if hardware decoding is enabled) it's working perfectly.
Try disabling intel graphics in motherboard bios and uninstall its drivers, also if you don't have page file enabled, try creating one on hdd, 2gb page file should be enough, or if you don't have hdd you can use ssd, page file impact on ssd life span is negligible if your ram isn't full.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Thanks for your suggestions. I thought of disabling the Intel Graphics from the bios (if it is possible) and purging the drivers but...

I stopped at that point as all my other applications work correctly (except normal bugs, of course) and, after all, it is only a movie viewer. So unless I am provided with an easy solution, I am simply using another viewer (VLC, not to name it) that, in my opinion, has a bit more washed-out colors but run smoothly.

Pity though, on my previous computers VSO Media Player was working beautifully. Just for the fun of it, I will try it on my second computer that I just equipped with a Gigabyte GTX1050 (GV-N1050D5-2GD) as I am wondering if it is a problem with all GTX10xx.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I tested VSO Media Player on my other computer, a somewhat less powerfull machine, but no slouch either.

Specs: i3-6100, 3.7GHz, 8GB, Kingston SSD 240GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bits... and a new Gigabyte GTX1050 (GV-N1050D5-2GD) as I fell that the smallest GTX card is still way better than built-in Intel Graphics.

The same problem is there, althought it is a bit smoother on my smallest computer, but still not smooth. So it COULD be something with the GTX10xx controllers. It would be interesting if users with 1070 and 1080 post their results.