VSO Media Player loads slowly in Windows 10

bluray player, video player, audio player, free video player, free media player

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, alexia, Forum admin

ishel

VSO Media Player loads slowly in Windows 10

Post by ishel »

I have used VSO for some time to play iso files I have created from my blu-rays to play on my network. Under Windows 7, these would load into VSO Media Player almost instantly. Under Windows 10, I get a message indicating that Windows File Explorer has frozen while the file takes 4 or 5 minutes to load, and then it eventually plays.

Does anyone else have this experience in Windows 10, and what may be the cause / fix, please? Any advice appreciated...
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: VSO Media Player loads slowly in Windows 10

Post by felicia »

Hi,
I've just upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 and I don't have the problems you describe. But I've had a lot of issues with drivers that were not properly upgraded during the migration.
Have you seen any other odd behavior on your computer?
For some people disabling fast boot has solved their drivers issues.

Br,

Felicià
ishel

Post by ishel »

Hi Felicià, thanks for the reply on this issue.

The other (perhaps related) problem I have with Windows 10 is that the File Explorer takes a while to display new files added to a folder when I click on it... especially if the folder already has a lot of files in it.

I would be interested to know how to disable fast boot... though that sounds like a disadvantage in other ways.

My overall impression of Windows 10 so far is that, although it does some things nicely, it also has some weird spin-offs. In particular, I get the impression it is not as good as Windows 7 for multimedia capability, such as I am experiencing here.

Thanks a heap!

Ian
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Hi again,

From what you tell you may have a fragmented disk. Try defragmented it and run a check disk on it in case it may be corrupted.
As for how to disable fast boot: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189 ... -10-a.html
Once you disable fast boot, shut down your computer, wait 5 seconds restart it and restore fast boot. Fast boot needs to be disabled only on one shut down in order for the fix to work, if it works.

Br,

Felicià