Frame Capture

bluray player, video player, audio player, free video player, free media player

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, alexia, Forum admin

Coral
VSO Moderators

Frame Capture

Post by Coral »

Can the media player do frame capturing ?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Frame Capture

Post by Claire »

I am not sure what you mean but you can take a screenshot and or print all key video frames, basically making an image of all the scenes of your video - this can take a while if your video is long.
Attachments
Snap2223.jpg
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Thank you Calire for your reply. What I mean by frame capture is to produce a picture, jpg, bmp or other format of a particular moment of the movie. Some call it snapshot.
After all I will download it and check for myself. Thanks again.

I have downloaded and used the media player, Exelent !! When I think it is free I feel ashamed to ask for requests.
Yes it has what I wanted. I also like the key frame feature.
However I would very much like to have a snapshot button on the bottom toolbar and a frame advance and reverse buttons.
I use pictures from the movie for backgrounds and it would help if it would be possible to advance frame-by-frame.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks for explaining why you have that /those feature requests.

So the take snapshot option we have is good, but you'd just like to have it as an icon in the main interface for quick easy access?

I understand your request for a frame advance and reverse buttons.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Claire wrote:Thanks for explaining why you have that /those feature requests.

So the take snapshot option we have is good, but you'd just like to have it as an icon in the main interface for quick easy access?

I understand your request for a frame advance and reverse buttons.
Hello Claire,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, the snapshot option is good. A button on the bottom toolbar will makt it more accessible.

I have noticed some problems with the pictures. When I take a snapshot from a mpg 2 movie the picture will have black bars on the left and right sides and the aspect ratio is not correct. This is happening only on mpg 2 movies. AVI, MP4 and MKV appear to be correct.

I also noticed that when I load the picture in an image editor the picture is upside down. I am using Corel PhotoImpact. However this is not a big problem.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Hi Coral,

There's a shortcut (F9) that may help you get easier access to the snapshot option.
Are the mpg2 that cause problems from a DVD?
As for the inversion I've tried with photoshop, fastone and Photoshop and have no issue, have you tried with other editors a part from Corel? is your soft up to date?

Best regards,

Felicià
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Hello Felicia,
Thank you for your reply. Yes I am aware that there is a hotkey (F9) for frame capture. Most media players have a snapshot button on the toolbar for mouse action, which makes life a little bit easyer.

The mpg 2 is not from a DVD but has DVD properties for PAL B Widescreen (720X576, 25 fps)
I have used the same file on other media players and the snapshot picture has been good.

Never mind about the inverted picture. It is not a big problem. I can always invert it with the image editor I am using.