VMP and wmv file from Faststone

bluray player, video player, audio player, free video player, free media player

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, alexia, Forum admin

Panchdara

VMP and wmv file from Faststone

Post by Panchdara »

Hello. First post but I've been using VSO software for years now. I am now starting to use VMP on a regular basis.

I have a wmv file created from Faststone Capture and it is NOT being played by VMP. It plays fine in Mediamonkey and plays just fine in VLC. It does NOT play in VMP. Attached is the log.

Hope this can be sorted.

Best

edit: I forgot to type the "o" in my first word, "Hello"... not a nice intro if I'd left the "o" out :roll:
Attachments
Vmp_mainlog_.20150526.225628.780.log
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 704 times
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: VMP and wmv file from Faststone

Post by felicia »

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback, your issue will be fixed in the next build, I'll post in this thread as soon as it's ready.

Best regards,

Felicià
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

Another great reason to use VSO.

Best
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

Well, further investigation. I have 2 systems: Win 8.1 and Win 7. I have Faststone Capture 8.2 on both. The Win 8.1 works fine, but the Win 7 machine does not work. I think it's a Faststone issue.
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

SOLVED (well sorta)

Win 7 machine has a Asus X99-Deluxe mobo and the Realtek audio hardware. I did NOT have a microphone plugged in when recording with Faststone. VMP would NOT play these recordings, VLC and WMP and MM would play these. I then plugged in a microphone and it worked a treat.

Win 8.1 is a i7 Sony Vaio. Built-in mic. Works fine with VMP. I disable the microphone and VMP will NOT play back the recorded video. I re-enable the microphone and re-record and all is fine.

So, microphone needs plugging in when recording Faststone for VMP to read Fastone recordings.

Note: ConvertXtoVideo displays same problems as VMP. ie, the wmv files recorded without a microphone will display an error "filename: No video stream found"

So, I guess it's a shared issue here. I have yet to try this procedure on another machine that does NOT have a microphone hardware, but I expect similar results.

Best
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Panchdara wrote:SOLVED (well sorta)

Win 7 machine has a Asus X99-Deluxe mobo and the Realtek audio hardware. I did NOT have a microphone plugged in when recording with Faststone. VMP would NOT play these recordings, VLC and WMP and MM would play these. I then plugged in a microphone and it worked a treat.

Win 8.1 is a i7 Sony Vaio. Built-in mic. Works fine with VMP. I disable the microphone and VMP will NOT play back the recorded video. I re-enable the microphone and re-record and all is fine.

So, microphone needs plugging in when recording Faststone for VMP to read Fastone recordings.

Note: ConvertXtoVideo displays same problems as VMP. ie, the wmv files recorded without a microphone will display an error "filename: No video stream found"

So, I guess it's a shared issue here. I have yet to try this procedure on another machine that does NOT have a microphone hardware, but I expect similar results.

Best

Thank you for all the research, the issue is fixed in both Cx and VMP, we're just waiting to have a stable build before we release
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

a new version has now been published
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/vmp ... player.php
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

Somebody has been busy :D

Thanks muchly.

Best

Edit: That was short lived - non-audio Faststone capture video hang and don't go to completion.
edit again: progress bar does not go to the end... and a frozen image remains on screen.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Panchdara wrote:Somebody has been busy :D

Thanks muchly.

Best

Edit: That was short lived - non-audio Faststone capture video hang and don't go to completion.
edit again: progress bar does not go to the end... and a frozen image remains on screen.
Thx, I'll fix it on monday
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

No worries... it's not mission critical. Enjoy your weekend.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Hi, fixed the issue, you can download the new version from here: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/vmp ... player.php
Please tell me if it fixes the issue
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

EDIT: Have to edit... sorry - all looks a lot better. The clip I was testing was a Faststone clip of about 3 or 4 secs and the progress bar seems fine - too short a clip to really make that bad conclusion.

Very pleased here.
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Happy to know that all is fine now.
If you have any other issues with our player don't hesitatye to contact us.

Best regards,

Felicià