[Downloader 6 beta tester] Detection feedback

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Re: Downloader 6 beta

Post by Cougar_II »

Hi,

I added all your comments to an already opened bug report I have opened with VSO with issues after installing the DEMO.
I didn't forget about you :)

You are still having issues ?

For your information, you can find Downloader LOGS here --> C:\Users\[YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT]\AppData\Roaming\VSO\VSO Downloader\6
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

here is log file for attached error
System is W10 Home 64, 16gb ram, i7 920 2.67gh cpu, Radeon HD 7700 vid card

:vsolog_version=3
:std_log=C:\Users\Loungeroom\AppData\Roaming\vso\VSO Downloader\6\vdl6.20220206.125045.679.log
:library=false
:app_name=C:\Program Files\VSO\VSO Downloader\6\VsoDownloader.exe
:app_version=
:most_recent=last
:event_header={time} {type}
:LongDateFormat=yyyy-mm-dd
:ShortDateFormat=dd mmm
:LongTimeFormat=hh:nn:ss.zzz
:ShortTimeFormat=hh:nn:ss
:status=started
:group_indent=4

12:50:45.679 ------------ VsoDownloader.exe:9140 Log session start 12:50:43 at 12:50 PM
12:50:45.679 Info Starting VSODownloader
12:50:45.679 Info Aspect ratio scaling: 0.67
12:50:45.679 Info ScreenSize: 1280.00 1024.00
12:50:45.679 Info ScreenScale: 1.00
12:50:45.679 Group Radar Logs
12:50:49.351 Group License details
12:50:49.351 Info Computer ID: (I have removed this to protect privacy)
12:50:49.351 Info License type: commercial (online activated)
12:50:49.351 Info License status: active customer license
12:50:49.351 Group License details
12:51:43.909 ------------ VsoDownloader.exe:9140 Log session stop after 1 minute(s) 591 millisecond(s)
Attachments
06-02-2022 12-50-58.jpg
06-02-2022 12-50-58.jpg (35.32 KiB) Viewed 6216 times
VSO Gold Member
Rexxon

Post by Rexxon »

Exactly the same Erreur shown here.

May be it is possible to upload a newer version (for clean install only)
per example - 6.0.0.61 - without immediate update after install (as by now 6.0.0.52),
because - it seems that this Erreur appears during the automatic update...
VSO Downloader user from September, 2011 - starting from version v. 1.4.0.37
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Thanks. When I do the clean reinstall, I always start with version 60052 (as this is all I have) and then it updates to current version.
I'm not aware of anywhere where I can download a more recent beta
VSO Gold Member
juval
VSO Team Member

Post by juval »

Hi Rexxon and al,

Sorry to answer so late but being a developper I don't follow assiduously the forum thread.
We had several issues we fixed recently:
-System Certificate installation crash at startup
-Some character encoding issues in our install engine that leads to bad software update

For the most unlucky of you, update wouldn't work unless you reinstall the software from the provided download link :oops:

We hope all other issues have be fixed...If it's not the case please tell us (with a scenario to reproduce)

Cheers

Julien
VSO Development
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

did clean install 2 March from version 6.0.0.52, and it updated to version 6.0.0.67.
But exact issue as I posted on 6 Feb.
It crashes giving error message, I think in French Language, same as I posted 6 Feb
Please let me know if I can help with any additional info to resolve this issue of the program crashing/ not usable.
Also for info VSO Downloader 5.1.1.87 runs fine, does not have this crash issue that Beta 6 has.
VSO Gold Member
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Hi there,
It was not clean if a FRESH NEW installer needs to be installed or use the one you received a while back.

I was going to re-ask for the demo installer and test it later (Maybe get a newer fresh installer from the start)
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

I have requested the Beta again, you already have requested it in the past but an email was sent with the link.

Re-downloaded the Beta

UNINSTALLED VSO Downloader
Removed all traces in the registry
Removed folder from Program Files\VSO etc...

Re-installed using the Beta and was 100% installed and upgraded to v6.0.0.67

ZERO errors and issues I had in the past on my 2nd test PC.

Humour me, get a fresh download of the beta installer and see if you get better results *OR* it's the absolutely the SAME installer but the changes were made on the VSO side of the house :)
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Thanks for the reply

Just downloaded on 4 March 2022 beta 6 using new email address to register
But the properties show it is version 6.0.0.52 with digital signature 24/12/21

The clean install has been done at least 6 times over the last few weeks, and program works straight after install. But next time try to run it it always crashed and gives that error message in what looks like French language

If clean install does not work, and I don't want to play around in registry.

So I will wait until:
VSO can make current beta available for download (rather than 24/12/21 version and then the auto updates). Incase the updates are the issue
or
A beta version that has error messages in English language so I can problem solve it ( maybe even the language mix up may be causing the crashes. i.e. main parts are in English,but pop up boxes for downloads and error messages are not in english)
VSO Gold Member
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Hi VSO. Thanks for the beta 60067 to do clean install off. Issue resolved thank you.
And VSO Downloader is very good, even downloads some videos that its Chinese competitor cannot download.
VSO Gold Member
Gripweed

Post by Gripweed »

yoyo57 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:01 pm And VSO Downloader is very good, even downloads some videos that its Chinese competitor cannot download.
Do tell. Name some of the videos that VSO Downloader can download and their Chinese competitor can't. While you are at it name the Chinese competitor. There are currently 88 Video Streaming Downloaders listed at VideoHelp https://www.videohelp.com/software/sect ... ownloaders. I'm curious as to which one you are writing about.
oculussaw

Post by oculussaw »

I had same issue, doing clean install on about 3rd screen in fixed it for me. beta 60.0.0.62 vidmate app mobdro
Last edited by oculussaw on Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Hi,

Check for updates, v6.0.0.68 was released yesterday.

I have enabled check all the time, as there are tons of software updates & engine updates :D
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Gripweed wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:36 pm
yoyo57 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:01 pm And VSO Downloader is very good, even downloads some videos that its Chinese competitor cannot download.
Do tell. Name some of the videos that VSO Downloader can download and their Chinese competitor can't. While you are at it name the Chinese competitor. There are currently 88 Video Streaming Downloaders listed at VideoHelp https://www.videohelp.com/software/sect ... ownloaders. I'm curious as to which one you are writing about.
Hi Gripwead
Thanks for your enquiry. My main downloader is not VSO. And be very poor form to mention which brand it is on a VSO forum. But when my current downloader has issues with a download, I then copy the link into VSO Downloader 6 and more times than not it downloads ok.
Have a good day
VSO Gold Member
Gripweed

Post by Gripweed »

I don't think it is poor form at all, not if you claim that VSO Downloader is superior to this particular competitor.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Thank you for your feedback, have a good day.
VSO Gold Member
Gripweed

Post by Gripweed »

In the spirit of beta testing I've decided to run a speed test comparing the V6 beta VSO Downloader against five other video stream downloaders. Only one of the six is a free program (FireDM). For the test I decided to use a typical 1 hour TV show found on a non-DRM video streaming website. Only one of the six programs is able to download and de-encrypt DRM protected streaming videos of the likes found on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, and etc. (StreamFab). To be specific, each program downloaded a recent episode of Dynasty (S05E03) at TheCW channel (https://www.cwtv.com/shows/dynasty/how- ... ed31a09a82). Times were taken manually by me using a wristwatch because not every program had a log file from which I could gather the exact times. I then rounded the time to the nearest 30 seconds for simplicity sake. It should be remembered that there are an enormous number of factors that could affect the results and so the acronym YMMV from the car industry (Your mileage may vary) also applies here.

Results :::::

VSO Downloader 6.0.0.70 (beta) - 7:30 minutes
TubeDigger 7.4.5 - 2:30 minutes
FireDM 2022.2.5 - 1:00 minute
Wonderfox HD Video Converter Factory Pro 24.7 - 5:00 minutes
StreamFab 5.0.2.4 - 6:30 minutes
Internet Download Manager 6.40 - 2:00 minutes

Conclusion :::::

Clearly the developers at VSO need to make a huge improvement in Downloader's speed before it can be released as Stable. This was not the only test I ran but it seemed to be the most representative of the others. On one test VSO Downloader was such an outlier that it took 31 minutes to download a 28 minute TV show from Dailymotion while it took the others in the 2-3 minute range. Screen capture would have been faster.
Rexxon

Post by Rexxon »

juval wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:53 pm Hi Rexxon and al,

Sorry to answer so late but being a developper I don't follow assiduously the forum thread.
We had several issues we fixed recently:
-System Certificate installation crash at startup
-Some character encoding issues in our install engine that leads to bad software update

For the most unlucky of you, update wouldn't work unless you reinstall the software from the provided download link :oops:

We hope all other issues have be fixed...If it's not the case please tell us (with a scenario to reproduce)

Cheers

Julien
VSO Development
After multiple install errors I changed my Desktop PC Windows System language settings from Estonian to
English (United States) as default.
After that the next try to install VSO Downloader 6 Beta was successful.
Installed without errors, updated to version 6.0.0.70 Beta, works without errors.
So - my guess is - that the reason of those multiple errors was Windows System language (VSO Dowlnloader can
not be installed at the moment on PC with Installed Windows 10 Pro 64bit with system language - Estonian.)

Thanks for support!

Rexxon
VSO Downloader user from September, 2011 - starting from version v. 1.4.0.37
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

"xxx can not be installed at the moment on PC with Installed Windows 10 Pro 64bit with system language xxx"

This is actually bigger issue than just VSO, for example - try installing Windows Live-package. Yes, it is old but programs are still good.
Installation crashes if system language is anything else than english. Change to english and no problems.
I suppose it is something on windows installer itself.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Good morning,
VSO were made aware of Rexxon’s comments, they are investigating….