XP support for new purchaser

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

snoopy120

XP support for new purchaser

Post by snoopy120 »

I want to become a registered user of Downloader so I can download from Youtube. But you do not appear to support XP anymore, which is my OS. What do I do?
yoyo57

Re: XP support for new purchaser

Post by yoyo57 »

Sorry I do not know the answer.
Microsoft Windows XP lived for 18 years. Microsoft ended support for it on April 9, 2019.
Not bad for an operating system.
VSO Gold Member
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

On their website, the lowest Windows supported is “Windows 7”.
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
snoopy120

Post by snoopy120 »

What is the most recent version of Downloader that worked with Windows XP?
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

I don't think you should bother with this. An old version of vso downloader or any similar apps, old versions just will not work with YouTube and most other sites, as they continuously update their sites to block any downloads.
Suggest try Windows 10 instead of XP, it runs ok on my very old laptop with CPU only 1.6 ghz Atom with 2gb memory.
Sorry but really is time to update operating system, XP is just too old. It was good in the early years, but now 20 years old.
VSO Gold Member
Rexxon

Post by Rexxon »

snoopy120 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:18 pm What is the most recent version of Downloader that worked with Windows XP?
I used to have a version VSO downloader 5.0.1.36 - worked well with Win XP -
now of course (probably) that version is obsoleted.
VSO Downloader user from September, 2011 - starting from version v. 1.4.0.37
snoopy120

Post by snoopy120 »

I tried version 5.0.1.62 and I was able to download from youtube fine except for a few videos. I would like to try 5.0.1.65. Where can I get this?
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

snoopy120
What makes you still using Windows XP ? It’s too old and not totally compatible with hardwares nowadays. Upgrade to Windows 7, at least. If your pc/laptop is slow, upgrade it by buying and installing a SDD 128GB for Windows and softwares. And one more RAM, example 4GB, if your pc/laptop has 2 slots of RAM and already has 4GB.
snoopy120

Post by snoopy120 »

I have an older desktop, an Intel Pentium dual core, 2.5 GHz, which has been running XP for years. I have a lot of applications that won't even run under Windows 10. I do have Windows 10 on my Core 3 HP laptop, but I rarely use that computer, and it's buried in a bedroom. I have a USB HP flatbed scanner hooked up to my machine, and an HP 932 inkjet printer, among other things. Everything works great. But when I try to run some of my apps on my laptop, they won't run. A good example is Photodex's Showpic program. Superb for managing and editing jpegs, but just generates tons of errors on my laptop. Photodex has never even come out with a Windows 7 upgrade to Showpic, let alone a Windows 10 version. And I can't find a Windows 7+ driver for my HP3000 scanner, again, let alone one that will work with Windows 10. I have everything I need on my desktop, and everything works great. Only programs like Chrome present a problem, because Google stopped supporting XP 3 years ago, so I am stuck with an older version of Chrome. Same with Firefox. And now with ConvertXtoDVD and when I find the last version of Downloader to support XP, guess I'll be using that one for a long while too. I am on disability and can't afford a new desktop machine any time in the foreseeable future.
Last edited by snoopy120 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

If you use your current Windows 10 Core 3 HP laptop for downloads, and then you can safely buy vso downloader and know it will cover present and future needs.
And you still use your old XP machine for your old apps. And even boot to DOS 6.22 for your really really old apps :D
VSO Gold Member
snoopy120

Post by snoopy120 »

What I'd like to try first is the most current version of Downloader that will work with XP. All I need to know is what version that is, and where I can get it. I have a list of all the file formats youtube uses. i have no problem with MP4 or WEBM. However, there is another format that 5.0.1.62 doesn't recognize. What format does it not know? The file formats youtube accepts for uploads are
.MOV
.MPEG4
.MP4
.AVI
.WMV
.MPEGPS
.FLV
3GPP
WebM
DNxHR
ProRes
CineForm
HEVC (h265)
Which is the one or ones not supported?
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

The answer on version no. is above, please see "by Rexxon » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:06 pm"
21/4/17 is the digital signature on that version, so way too old to work effectively on YouTube and similar sites.
Maybe you could try an XP Support Forum to continue your research on what you can do with XP in 2020
VSO Gold Member
snoopy120

Post by snoopy120 »

Hello, I read his response. He said he was using 5.0.1.36 successfully with XP. I am using a much newer version that works fine with XP, which is version 5.0.1.62. Somewhere after that version, support for XP was dropped. What I am wanting to know is exactly in what version support for XP was dropped. Then, if I can obtain the version before that, I will register the program. I am already a ConvertXtoDVD registered user.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Maybe you could contact vso support directly and ask them that
VSO Gold Member
snoopy120

Post by snoopy120 »

Tried. No response.
snoopy120

Post by snoopy120 »

It says downloader is free currently. How can I use that offer with version 5.0.1.62? The current one won't work for me with XP.