VSO Downloader v5.0.1.61 Detected by my Antivirus

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

VSO Downloader v5.0.1.61 Detected by my Antivirus

Post by Cougar_II »

Good morning,

This is not the 1st time that VSO Downloader v5.0.1.61 makes my AntiVirus detect the installer as a virus-Trojan etc...
Sorry the printscreens are at home, but wanted to know if someone else has noticed the same issue ?

Maggie, can you ask Jacques if he might have an idea why it triggers my Antivirus ?

I think I had the same issue with .60 but then I scanned it again and it was clean, so very bizarre.

Of course my AntiVirus deleted it...

I will redownload it again over the weekend and see if the issue returns or goes away.

If it triggers again, I will send it up to WEBROOT ( https://www.webroot.com ) for analysis / False Positive and see what comes out of it, but before I do I will wait on VSO's feedback and some of you !
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Re: VSO Downloader v5.0.1.61 Detected by my Antivirus

Post by Cougar_II »

Hello,

I have opened a "Possibly a False Positive Report" with Webroot, and let's see what they say !

Yes the print screen says .61b but I just reproduced it with a fresh download of Downloader v5.0.1.61
Attachments
VSO Downloader (Antivirus).jpg
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Hi Stéphane,

I've told Jacques and he is currently looking at it.
There isn't any adware on our software so he has no clue where it could come from.
I'll let you know.

Regards,

Maggie
Maggie,
VSO Support
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

After a check everything is normal from our side, you could run : https://virusscan.jotti.org/ on your machine.
See what's the result for you. Send a screenshot!
Jacques is wondering if your AntiVirus is "relevant" :D and if it's a good one, he thinks maybe some other program could have corrupted the VSO file after downloading it.

PS: He send you greetings! :wink:
Attachments
picturemessage_hs0wnbk3.uag.png
Maggie,
VSO Support
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II »

Bonjour,

J'ai aussi fait plusieurs tests "en ligne" et rien trouvé, seulement Webroot n'aime pas.

C'est surement un "Faut Positif" encore.

Le fichier est trop gros pour envoyer à Webroot (10mb MAX) alors ça sera MON problème pour le moment.

Si une mise a jour est dispo, j'arrete mon antivirus, je télécharge, j'installe et on allume à nouveau c'est tout :P
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

On ne sait pas du tout à quoi ça peut être dû. C'est du tout clean normalement.

C'est pas ce qu'il y a de plus pratique effectivement...
Bon courage Stéphane :roll:
Maggie,
VSO Support
gbt20317

Post by gbt20317 »

It's not an antivirus issue or corruption. Every version I've used (up through v.5.0.1.61) does the same thing. It drove me crazy. Slightly different from the other post, my issue didn't involve my antivirus program flagging your product as a virus and stopping it from loading as that only happened once. I've used your program for years and there's always been some issue with it. My specific issue was every single time I started VSO Downloader it would change the Auto Proxy Setup from ON to OFF and turn ON Use a Proxy Server and fill it with the Loopback address and some weird Port setting. This would cause all internet access to stop functioning. As mentioned, this drove me crazy because I could never find the answer to why this was happening until one guy in a forum said it was a virus. Well, I knew I had no viruses because I have an excellent virus program and as I mentioned it only flagged your program once and I updated it and it did not do so anymore (years ago). However, what that guy said turned on the light-bulb, within the last year or so, I noticed every time I'd start VSO, the proxy information would immediately change. I change it back to normal, shutdown VSO and everything was fine. Start VSO Downloader up again and BOOM, Proxy settings change. I don't know what you've got in this program that causes this issue but it's unforgivable. I have not purchased an upgrade to your product since v.5.0.1.61. Now I will say I still use it because frankly, the other two video download products I use to replace it can't match the speed of your product's downloads and in some instances are unable to pick up the download stream. VSO Downloader also terminates the download much more than it used to, even if it's at the very end just prior to download completion. BOOM! Red Bar, no download (in some cases it continues but very slowly). The program simply has too many reliability and/or consistency issues. I just thought you should know.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Hello,
Thanks for your message.
I am sorry to hear that. :(
The only thing I can guarantee is that our software is free from any virus if you download it on our website. (our lead developer is too "angry" toward viruses to allow this to happen... :D ) You can check that statement on https://virusscan.jotti.org/.

For information, Downloader is set to work with its own proxy in order to improve detection and speed.
This is why it will work only with 'Use system proxy" activated on your browsers.
Regarding the red bar, we are (as often as possible) updating the engine motor to by-pass most websites' security/protection measures.
The best test to know if you have the last update is open a youtube video, if it's not working and you got the red bar, you need to update :)

Have a lovely day,
Maggie
Maggie,
VSO Support
gamequeen1996

Post by gamequeen1996 »

There are different kinds of VSO downloaded that you can download on pc and free to play but normally these also have high risks bringing malware to your PC. If you really want to be safe about these apps or tools, you can either purchase a legit one or you can simply join forums and threads. You'd be surprised at how much info these threads can give you! I once subscribed to one that posted an entire folder of video editing apps and surprisingly they were all clean.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Using latest version 5.1.1.71, Windows Security does not give me false virus warning on VSO Downloader. All good
VSO Gold Member