Issues downloading a video getting error message in logs

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

MMWABB

Issues downloading a video getting error message in logs

Post by MMWABB »

04 Feb 15:17:43 | ERROR: Cannot download embed-only video without embedding URL. Please call youtube-dl with the URL of the page that embeds this video.

What can be done to rectify this error and allow my video download?

I am attempting to download an embedded Vimeo video that will not play outside of the embedded page, so it cannot be loaded directly on Vimeo.

I need to download my videos and play them offline to be able to watch them on my TV for better viewing and my internet connection is so incredibly bad at the moment the buffering and constant pausing is making the video useless.

Any ideas?

I am using the latest VSO Downloader 5.0.1.56 and it just recently updated the download engine etc. as of January 30th.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Re: Issues downloading a video getting error message in logs

Post by Maggie »

Hi there,

Sorry for late replay, we've been a bit busy lately.
Is it working now?

If not, please check out our last beta version : http://download.vso-software.fr/archive ... 0.1.61.exe
Maggie,
VSO Support
MMWABB

Post by MMWABB »

Tried installing the version you linked to and once it detected the video playing on the page it soon errored out again as usual and within the log was the following same message.

"15 Jul 10:02:08 | ERROR: Cannot download embed-only video without embedding URL. Please call youtube-dl with the URL of the page that embeds this video."

Other videos I try and download work fine but these ones hosted on Vimeo that are set to only play if embedded into the correct web page have always thrown this error message.
Maggie
VSO Team Member

Post by Maggie »

Hi,

Could you run, fill and send: http://www.vso-software.fr/download_pro ... uct=vsorep
Thanks!
Maggie,
VSO Support
achugh

Post by achugh »

Maggi,

I'm getting the exact same error message. I filled out the bug report as well. Is someone looking into this error?