"Play" button does nothing

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

jimmiej

"Play" button does nothing

Post by jimmiej »

If I right click on a downloaded file in the VSO Downloader ver 5.0.1.40 Ultimate and from the drop down box I click "Play", nothing happens. I have never had the "Play" button work in VSO Downloader. Earlier versions of the program would give me a message about not having the proper software installed, which was wrong too, but the new version does nothing. In the manual for the software it does say that clicking "Play" will use the default player. I have Windows 7 - 64 bit with Windows Media Classic video player 64 bit as the default media player for my system, which gets installed with the K-Lite Codec Pack. I can click to "Open Folder" in the downloader software and that takes me to the folder for the file. From there I can double click the file and windows starts Media Player Classic. The files play just fine, it just that the "Play" button does not work in the VSO Downloader software. Any ideas on how I can get this to work? Any registry edits to force this software to link to Media Player Classic when the "Play" button is used? Thanks for any help.
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Re: "Play" button does nothing

Post by Benjamin »

did you try to initialize your previous choice bu clicking in the Option > general > Reset confirmation dialogs
jimmiej

Post by jimmiej »

Benjamin, I did the Reset confirmation dialogs as you suggested. The dialog box is now popping back up like it used to and is saying "VSO media player is not installed, would you like to install it now?". So I am back to the problem of the software will not using my installed media player to play the file. The manual for the downloader software says the program will use the system default media player, which in my case is Windows Media Player Classic. Has anyone had this working with another media player besides VSO Media Player? Does it only work with the VSO player and the manual for the software is wrong?

Thanks Benjamin, at least the dialog pop up box is back and I can see the message again.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I confirmed the problem too and it is now corrected in this new version
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/dow ... loader.php

Thanks for having reported!
jimmiej

Post by jimmiej »

Thank you for taking care of my issue. It is working fine now with the new version.