Block source of unwanted videos

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

thesmeghead

Block source of unwanted videos

Post by thesmeghead »

I have VSO Dowloader 5.0.1.22 running and am using it actively. I find that videos I dont want are downloaded, generally from youtube. The referrer and source urls are the same - a youtube page that I have never opened. This even happens when I have no youtube page opened at all.

I'd like to continue to download videos that I actually want from youtube and other sources, but I'd like to block these random unwanted videos. How can I figure out what source is bringing up these videos so that I can block it?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Block source of unwanted videos

Post by JJ »

Try this: restart your computer, then do not run any programs except VSO Downloader.
Wait a few minutes, if nothing happens, open browser but do not go to any page. If still nothing happens, go to your usual visited pages.
At some point those unwanted files start to download, that means that those are accessed by some program.
With VSO Downloader - if something starts to download then there is something running on your system that is accessing internet.
VSO Downloader is not starting downloads, but it captures those that are downloaded.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
thesmeghead

Post by thesmeghead »

Once I have determined the web page, how do I block it? The referrer shows as youtube, even though the videos download when I open news.google.com. I added news.google.com to the adblocker list but that makes no difference.
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

what is the refering page where the media is detected, can you provide the complete URL?