Cannot Download Embeded Vimeo Videos

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

achugh

Cannot Download Embeded Vimeo Videos

Post by achugh »

I'm using VSO Downloader v5.0.1.0 and installed/activated HTTPS/SSL. When I visit

h t t p s: / / r e t o u c h i n g a c a d e m y l a b . c o m / b e a u t y - r e t o u c h - p a n e l - v i d e o - c o u r s e - l 1 /

the downloader is downloading numerous segments rather than 1 MP4 file :( which is not playable.

It looks like a defect in the downloader, I think. Can someone take a look and let me know how to download this video or others that are embeded in a site as some of them are not public and only works from an embeded webpage (not like this one which is a public video and will work as an independent url as well)?

If there is an old version of this program without this defect that will work, please give me the link to that version till this defect is fixed.

Thanks,
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Re: Cannot Download Embeded Vimeo Videos

Post by Benjamin »

to download an embedded video from Vimeo you need to play it on the original web site by clicking on the "vimeo" logo in the bottom right of the player.
achugh

Post by achugh »

Benjamin wrote:to download an embedded video from Vimeo you need to play it on the original web site by clicking on the "vimeo" logo in the bottom right of the player.
Benjamin,

I've tried to play the video and it keeps downloading chunks (small < 1 Mb files) of the video which I cannot play in any player.

Here's what I'm doing:
1) Start VSO Downloader.
2) Open Firefox and navigate to the URL already provided in this thread.
3) When the page loads, I get an error message just above the system tray stating something like and unknown file format. At this time I did not start the playback so I ignore this error. This should not happen but I can live with it.
4) I now change the video playback quality from AUTO to 1080p so that when I start playing the video I will be downloading the highest quality stream from the beginning.
5) Now I start the playback and I can see and hear the video in the webpage.
6) VSO Downloaded detects the video stream and starts downloading numerous files (10+ files are being downloaded).
7) I stop the playback and can see all the 20 small files in the VSO Downloader folder.

I did not finish the whole playback, I'm going to try that once. I was expecting that these numerous files will be downloaded into some temporary location so that the combined file (1 file) will be downloaded into VSO Downloader folder.
achugh

Post by achugh »

Benjamin,

I played through the whole video in the browser and ended up with 91 MP4 files in the VSO Downloader folder. Each file size is different ranging from 323Kb to 4819kb. None of these files can be played by Windows Media Player or Groove Player on Windows 10.

Like I mentioned, I was expecting 1 MP4 file that I could play right away as the file is played in the browser so I have the codec installed on my machine.

FYI, I got (183) Windows notifications (91 new media detected plus 91 media download finished plus 1 new media detected with filename.ext when the webpage loaded for the first time and I have not started to play the media yet).

When I use other downloaders like

h t t p s : / / w w w . 4 k d o w n l o a d . c o m / p r o d u c t s / p r o d u c t - v i d e o d o w n l o a d e r

I can download this video (1 file) that plays without issues from the official Vimeo site using the above product. The above product is not able to download embeded video unless they officially support the website. This is why I'm interested in your product as I believe it will be able to help me once I find the proper instructions on how to download an embeded file.

Can I ask you, "Did you try downloading this file"? Are you able to successfully download it? What steps did you follow to download this file correctly?

Thanks,
Steve985

Post by Steve985 »

Follow these steps:

1. Open the webpage where the video is embedded

2. Right-click anywhere on the page and select “Inspect”

3. Select the “Network” tab

4. If you are using Mac, press “Command + R”

5. If you are using Windows, press “F5”

6. Play the video for the links to load

7. In the “Filter” box type “player”