VSO hijacks rtmp, Doesn't allow viewing/downloading simulta.

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

chcguy88

VSO hijacks rtmp, Doesn't allow viewing/downloading simulta.

Post by chcguy88 »

I am trying to watch a RTMP stream while downloading it. VSO does what it is supposed to do but it leaves the webpage window blank when downloading the RTMP stream. My goal with this software was to use it to record something while I was watching it (like a VCR).

I can see the video stream in the preview window in the software, but I cant make it bigger or hear it. Is there a location where the temporary files are stored that would allow me to load the incompleted file as VSO Downloader is saving it. If not, there should be an option to load up a stream while VSO is doing its thing in a future update.

Any help is much appreciated! :wink:
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: VSO hijacks rtmp, Doesn't allow viewing/downloading simu

Post by Claire »

chcguy88 wrote:I can see the video stream in the preview window in the software, but I cant make it bigger or hear it. Is there a location where the temporary files are stored that would allow me to load the incompleted file as VSO Downloader is saving it. If not, there should be an option to load up a stream while VSO is doing its thing in a future update.

Any help is much appreciated! :wink:
The temp file cannot be played as it is being downloaded.

I am not sure if it is planned to be able to play the file in real playback time as the file is being downloaded; I will have to get back to you on that.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: VSO hijacks rtmp, Doesn't allow viewing/downloading simu

Post by Claire »

This feature will be added in the future but I have no idea when.