Feature suggestion

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Ferry

Feature suggestion

Post by Ferry »

I often do many downloads (many dozens per day), so that only one download at the time is running and all the rest is waiting in the (very long) waiting queue. Of course it takes a lot of time, to create so many downloads. That's why it is very annoying and why it makes me angry, when the VSO Downloader stops working or crashes (which happens a few times a day) and I have to restart it and to create all the downloads again, because the list of waiting downloads is not saved. In this way several hours of my work get lost every day.

Why isn't it possible, to save automatically the download list for the case of program's (or computer's) crash and automatically reload it during the program restart? Can you implement this feature in the next version?

Many thanks in advance.
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Re: Feature suggestion

Post by Benjamin »

we released a new version improving this feature it is available here:
http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/downl ... etup_4.exe
Ferry

Post by Ferry »

I installed this version, started the program and searched for an option enabling me to save the download list and couldn't find such an option. I assumed, that the program does it automatically, so I created a download list and closed the program in the middle of running downloads. It didn't ask me, whether I want to save the list. After the program restart the list was not reloaded and I couldn't find an option to reload the download list.

I started a second trial: I created a new download list, started the downloads and I simulated a computer crash turning it off in the middle of downloading. After the computer and program restart the download list was also this time not reloaded and I couldn't find an option to reload it. In both cases it was lost. Did I do anything wrong? If so - what?
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

by now we cannot add the export feature but with your help we fixed these issues, the version is available here:
Ferry

Post by Ferry »

I downloaded and installed this version. Even though I set the option "Max simultaneous jobs" to "3" (s. the attached "Screenshot_1") I was able to start only one download at a time. The remaining downloads were not started and not in waiting queue. A trial to start more than one download ends in the message "Download error". After one download was accomplished, the next one didn't start automatically. I had to start it manually. After the running download was accomplished, I tried to restart the downloads tagged with "Download error", but they wouldn't restart.

I closed the program and restarted it. The result you can see on the attached "Screenshot_2".

All in all: This version is worse than the previous one, because nothing works, and your software testing and quality assurance division seems to have slept.

Although I bought the software and paid for it I'm wasting my time for testing the software and struggle writing test reports in English (which isn't my mother tongue). In sum: I do the work, which should be done by your software developer and by your quality assurance division, without being paid for my work.
Ferry

Post by Ferry »

I wanted to attach two screenshots in .pdf format. I got the message, that the .pdf file extension is not allowed. Then I wanted to attach the screenshots in .docx format, and I got the massage, that the .docx file extension is not allowed. How can I upload screenshots, when nothing is allowed?
Ferry

Post by Ferry »

Because it is too stressful for me to write in English (English isn't my mother tounge), please follow me to:

http://forums.vso-software.fr/probleme- ... 18907.html

where I will continue this thread in German.
yoyo57

Post by yoyo57 »

Ferry wrote:I wanted to attach two screenshots in .pdf format. I got the message, that the .pdf file extension is not allowed. Then I wanted to attach the screenshots in .docx format, and I got the massage, that the .docx file extension is not allowed. How can I upload screenshots, when nothing is allowed?
Try submitting the screen shots in picture format
VSO Gold Member
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

Thanks to report these information to fix this beta that have been fully rewritten to support this feature without issue, we just released a version improving and fixing the issues you reported, you can get it here:

Let us know if you still have some issues.

PS: I am sorry but only the commercial team can speak German, our developpers only speak English/French :(