Oh O! Avasts AV

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Budda_357

Oh O! Avasts AV

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Guys
Today Avast flags the VSO Downloader 4 exe as a bank trojan even trying to re install the program again will move it to the virus chest. Need to restore and add to the global exclusions., Maybe you guys want to tell Avast to pull their head in?
EDIT: Just did a quick AV scan with Avast and also picks the ConvertX2HD, ConvertX2DVD and VMP exe's as bank trojans WTF is Avasts problem?

I have just checked those VSO programs folders locations and appears the VSO installer now is also including and installing 3rd party software namely TRIAL PAY. :evil: If VSO are going to do this THEN IMHO we should be GIVEN the option to allow of the such install of ANY all or any 3rd party software into registered versions of the software by the inclusions of a custom install field option during installs.
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Re: Oh O! Avasts AV

Post by Benjamin »

Today Avast flags the VSO Downloader 4 exe as a bank trojan even trying to re install the program again will move it to the virus chest. Need to restore and add to the global exclusions., Maybe you guys want to tell Avast to pull their head in?
VSO Downloader uses Winpcap (the famous network driver), it is not a trojan but some applications use it like that, this is a false positive from the antivirus that do not check the company signature.
They have many versions of Avast in the support page, can you give me the information about your version or directly report it in their form:
https://support.avast.com/
EDIT: Just did a quick AV scan with Avast and also picks the ConvertX2HD, ConvertX2DVD and VMP exe's as bank trojans WTF is Avasts problem?
What trojan is detected?
I have just checked those VSO programs folders locations and appears the VSO installer now is also including and installing 3rd party software namely TRIAL PAY. :evil: If VSO are going to do this THEN IMHO we should be GIVEN the option to allow of the such install of ANY all or any 3rd party software into registered versions of the software by the inclusions of a custom install field option during installs.
We do not install any 3rd party programs in our installers, Trial Pay is just a link when you uninstall it to have a special offer with this partner.
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Benjamin
Benjamin They have many versions of Avast in the support page, can you give me the information about your version or directly report it in their form:
I use Avast's free version.
Benjamin What trojan is detected?
It is "Win32Banker-MGC [Trj]"
Found this on the Avast forum
Avast wrongly detects Win32:Banker-MGC [Trj]
The Avast anti-virus software was wrongly identifying (a false positive) all executables in SyncBack Free, SyncBackSE and SyncBackPro as containing the trojan Win32:Banker-MGC.
So since last week all of the VSO's programs excecutables are being flagged for this false positive even your bug reporting tool VsoRep.exe is being flagged and removed to the virus chest.
The only one had trouble trying to reinstall even after adding it to the global exclusions of Avast was the VSO freeware Media player program would just kept chesting it had to disable the shields then install VMP so it is something else other than "wincap" that is causing Avast's false positives.

Cheers Image
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

you are right, we got some feedback about this false positive of avast, apparently all applications build with Delphi have this issue, can you confirm it has been fixed in their last update.
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Benjamin

Yes it has ran a scan with the Avast programs 17th Sept V10.4.2233 late night update and now none of the the VSO programs exe's are flagged any longer as they were before.

Avast were pretty quick to fix there would have been a plethora of software programs that would have been affected and reckon Avast would have copped a lot of abuse from some heavy hitting CEO's companies (Nero Burn,Skype, Macromedia and a few Anti spyware and system tools like Spybots S&D Spyware Terminator a short reference to a long list of well known programs that use delphi) legal teams chewing strips from Avasts big wigs.

Cheers
Last edited by Budda_357 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU