Too many youtube "this specific video is not yet supported"

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Skrol29

Too many youtube "this specific video is not yet supported"

Post by Skrol29 »

I have VSO Downloader 4.2.6.2 ultimate version, and I met quite often the following error message when I try to download for a YouTube URL.

« URL 1: This specific video is not yet supported. Until then, we suggest finding another version or source of the video on the same website or another one. »

Examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs40yxHjTxQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwKkjLOHd7s

Will this problem be fixed soon ?

Regards,
rwmol

Re: Too many youtube "this specific video is not yet support

Post by rwmol »

From my previous post I'd say "No".
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hopefully by the end of the year, maybe as soon as in 3 months.
ClaudeZ

Post by ClaudeZ »

Dear VSO Team,

It will not help solving the issue for sure but I am really disappointed by this product. I have VSO Downloader, release 4.3.0.22 as I performed at least two upgrades now. And as many others, I get this message that 'this specific video is not yet supported...".
At the end, many YouTube videos cannot be downloaded in my case. I bought this product just for this and I am really frustrated, could you please provide an upgrade ASAP.
I do not understand the technical issue as others competitors products can do it - I did a free trial of a product able to decode this format but I don't want to buy 2 products for the same purpose at the end...

Thank you for taking this customers request into consideration soon.
Regards
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

I understand, we are working hard on the SSL protocol to support all these videos and even more thats why it takes more time.
Sorry for the convenience but this protocol support will give you access to many more videos.
rwmol

Post by rwmol »

[quote="ClaudeZ"]Dear VSO Team,

It will not help solving the issue for sure but I am really disappointed by this product. I have VSO Downloader, release 4.3.0.22 as I performed at least two upgrades now. And as many others, I get this message that 'this specific video is not yet supported...".
At the end, many YouTube videos cannot be downloaded in my case. I bought this product just for this and I am really frustrated, could you please provide an upgrade ASAP.
I do not understand the technical issue as others competitors products can do it - I did a free trial of a product able to decode this format but I don't want to buy 2 products for the same purpose at the end...

Thank you for taking this customers request into consideration soon.
Regards[/quote]

Thanks for posting this. You took the words right out of my mouth.
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

Our software do not support some specific sites it is a generic engine that supports network protocol at the lower level.
That's why to support the site you mentionned we need to support the associated network protocol, this developement should be soon finished by now I invit to try with another source of the media on the same site or another one.