V4.2.0.9 Bug

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Budda_357

V4.2.0.9 Bug

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Guys
If downloading a few files most are mp4 ext but one maybe flv if I change the flv to Mp4/H264 conversion all the downloads now have changed from Do Not Convert to the one set for the single flv to Mp4/H265 conversion no matter if last or first in the order for the downloads the ones that were set for Do Not Convert have now been changed to the preset conversion that I set for the single flv file download and have now to go through and manually change the Mp4 file downloads back to Do Not Convert preset but if I click on the flv the download to check that the preset has not changed from Mp4/H264 which is still set for the conversion then all the downloads that I manually changed to the Do Not Convert preset have now once again been changed to converting to the Mp4/H264 conversion preset once again. :(
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: V4.2.0.9 Bug

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Is the behavior different from a previous version?

I've just tried to reproduce the problem but the behaivor seems normal to me.

If files are already downloaded and if I select just one, it will be converted.

If I select serveral files that are already downloaded by selecting them holding the 'crtl' key and select to convert, they are not converted (bug enetered: http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=8631)

The problem I think you run into is:
you have downloaded several mp4 and flv files. You select the flv file and select to convert to Mp4/H264 .
Any new files download will be converted to Mp4/H264 as this is the last conversion profile selected.

A solution is to select the files to convert, only once you have downloaded all your files.
Or convert your flv files to the
You would need to Mp4/H264 but not detecting any new files to download and only once you have set the converter back to "do not convert" download the other files.

Note that there is a setting in the section Conversion "Files alraedy in requested format will not be reencoded (remux will be used)". So maybe this is a solution for you: always have the convesion profile selected Mp4/H264, but check your log file to make sure remux is being used for the file that are already in that format....
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

post published twice (the 1st time I had not completed the post)
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Claire
Yes I know about the remux setting which I have selected and it does not convert the already downloaded Mp4 files (in addition have selected keep source file because of a couple of flv downloads did not convert the entire video) in previous versions of the downloader you could set each of the multiple downloads to what ever conversion preset. With V4.2.0.9 now if you change one then all are changed to the same preset conversion i.e. if you have 8 (4 are downloading and 4 are cued for download) the first 7 are identified as mp4 which did not need converting but the last is flv and if I set the last download to AVI/Xvid profile and if I click on any or all of the other 7 file downloads that were set for Do Not Convert all now show AVI/Xvid convert profile
What ever conversion profile is set for one is now changed to for all of the downloads.
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

which previous version number gave you your desired behaivor?
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Claire
V3 what ever is set for any of the downloads stays what is set for that download. with V4 up until believe V4.1.0.13 worked the same but believe with V4.2.x this started to happen that changing one of the conversion profiles for the download changes all the files for downloading and cued to that profile.
In the first image is three downloads the the first 2 are Mp4 and the conversion profile is set to Do Not Convert

In the second image the last download is in flash and have set that download to Mp4/H264 and now when I select the top download that was set to Do Not Convert it is now saying Mp4/H264.

So deleted the second download and changed the last download flash video to AVI/Xvid conversion profile for that download and now the first completed download that was set to Do Not Convert is now being converted.

I have tried downloads with V3.2.0.6 and what ever you set that download conversion profile remains the same even changing any of the other downloads to different conversion profiles but with V4.2.0.9 if you change the last download conversion profile will set all the downloads to the same conversion profile.
You then have to start at the top and change each of the downloads conversion profile to what conversion profile you want.
This then changes all the downloads to that same profile i.e. if you have 7 downloads going and change the first to Do not convert then all 7 are set to Do Not Convert if you then change the 4th in order to AVI/Xvid then 4, 5, 6, and 7 are set to AVI/Xvid but 1,2 & 3 remain as Do Not Convert

EDIT: Discovered one other problem last night using the copying and pasting to rename the downloads title name if there is a - or ' character in what you have just copied and pasted i.e. "Doctor Who - It's OK" the title renaming window will not close you have to delete the - or ' in the pasted title and manually re type those ' or - characters in again if there was a : in the title then that character was dropped from the title when the file downloads name editing window would close after copying and pasting now have to manually delete that character.

In addition, any ' or - or : characters that were in the pasted title that I copied if I did not delete or retype the ' and - character that is in the title that I pasted if I try to download another file because the renaming window will not close the programs GUI after a few seconds goes pale white which usually indicates that the program is not responding but opening the task manager shows the program is still running but have no control of any of the programs function have to use the task manger to end the downloaders .exe process and force the program to close.
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

conversion profile bug confirmed, thanks for your help explaining that
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=8676

I cannot reproduce the renaming problem but Benjamin told me he has had other complaints of this.
So perhaps it depends on certain circumstances. He said that with the log file of one of these instances it could help him find the problem.
Could you contact VSO Support with the tech support form
http://www.vso-software.fr/contactform.php
you can write in the message field, "renaming problem with - or ' for ben"

If that doesn't help then maybe we would need to connect to your machine.