Unable to download from abc.net.au/iview

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Frank11

Unable to download from abc.net.au/iview

Post by Frank11 »

I have sent *three* bug reports about VSO Downloader Ultimate's inability to download from abc.net.au/iView - for example from http://www.abc.net.au/iview/?WT.svl=ser ... view/40924 - so I am reporting the problem here, as well as via the bug reports. Note that, to download video, you have to access www.abc.net.au from a server in Australia (via proxy or VPN if you are outside Australia).

I have the latest beta version 3.1.0.27 of Downloader Ultimate running under Windows 7 64-bit. VSO Download detects the stream and downloads, but reports "Download completed with error". I attach the log file. Downloads from YouTube work well.

Please would you try to correct this problem.
Attachments
downloader_log.20130729.201830.605.log
Log of "Download completed with error" from abc.net.au/iview
(93.15 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
LouisM

Re: Unable to download from abc.net.au/iview

Post by LouisM »

The host server uses a special encryption, so the streams can't be retrieved by VSO Downloader for now. We're working on it and will release a version that supports this site.
Any question about VSO Downloader? See the FAQ.
Frank11

Post by Frank11 »

As of version 3.1.2.5 this problem has still not been fixed (after 4 months). It would be greatly appreciated if the paid version could download from abc.net.au.
Frank11

Post by Frank11 »

Profuse apologies and heartfelt thanks -- beta version 3.1.2.5 *does* download from abc. net. au/iview. I will pass on the good news to my friends -- THANK YOU.