Firefox 5 - RightClick then Copy Link Location

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

JibberJabber

Firefox 5 - RightClick then Copy Link Location

Post by JibberJabber »

In this latest beta 110189, rightclick then Copy LInk Location in Firefox 5 fails to automatically fire VSO Downloader. This was a really welcome function in the earlier release I was using. Any chance of me getting it back? Save Link As works - but just not as tidy.

Cheers!
JibJab
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Firefox 5 - RightClick then Copy Link Location

Post by Claire »

Hello,

I think this is due to the fact that the link analyzer has been removed. VSO Downloader will now focus on downloading streaming content.

Do you want to share the link with us in the forum or by private message so we know exactly what you are talking about?

To still use the link analyzer you can go to File / New / Links analyzer
JibberJabber

Post by JibberJabber »

Claire wrote:Hello,

I think this is due to the fact that the link analyzer has been removed. VSO Downloader will not focus on downloading streaming content.

Do you want to share the link with us in the forum or by private message so we know exactly what you are talking about?

To still use the link analyzer you can go to File / New / Links analyzer
Hi there - this page http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/afternoons actually changes every weekday. You'll see several mp3 links. With the earlier version of VSO Downloader I would, (using Firefox5), right click on any mp3 link I chose, select Copy Link Location from the Firefox5 options, and the mp3 file would be downloaded with no further ado, as they say. With this latest 110189 release that doesn't work. My workaround is to now select Save Link As which does cause the mp3 file to be downloaded, but I do need to cancel the "Enter Name Of File To Save To" page that opens up with the Save Link As.

Cheers now!
JibJab
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks for your example. I have made note of your request, I do not know if it will be added in one way or another
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=4765
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

currently the main feature of VSO Downloader is to download the video streaming online so we can't easily integrate the feature directly in the interface but you can download your MP3 easily using the menu file->new->download and it will automatically paste your URL then you just need to click on the download button :wink:
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I have firefox 3, and I click on the mp3 and it downloads automatically, why can't louis test with firefox 5?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

@JibberJabber

Please try with this version that should work better with firefox 5
http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/VSODo ... 2.0.62.exe
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

in this version the clipboard monitoring has been activated:
-if the pasted URL has an extension checked in the option list it will be directly downloaded
-otherwise it will analyze the page and looks for URLs containing an extension in the option list