No streaming detection / network adapter problem

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Claire
VSO Team Member

No streaming detection / network adapter problem

Post by Claire »

If VSO Downloader is not detecting any streaming, then check these various point to see where the problem can be. Make sure you have first tried to use the option "Detect my first video now" under the Help tab of the application.

Problem with one particular video
- Can't download a particular video or the same video again
If the media you want to download is not being detected (listed in VSO Downloader) it is possible that it has already been detected before. Once a stream has already been detected it cannot be detected again, unless you clear your browsers cache and you restart the application. Click here for a brief tutorial on how to delete the cache. Now try play the file again and it should be detected by VSO Downloader (unless the media is protected then no detection may happens as this is not support yet by the downloader).

Not detecting any streaming media content

- Switch drivers:
You have already tested with the Help menu -> Get help -> Detect my first video now, and the media was not detected. By default we use our in house driver VSO EVE that may not be compatible with your network hardware. In this case manually select WinPcap driver in the settings of the application and play the streaming file again (it is recommended you still use the "detect my first video now" to confirm detection with the driver you've switched to). If the problem persists you can check the NIC inspector entry in the log, and in the worse case contact VSO Support.
- Antivirus/Firewall:
check your antivirus and firewall rules and give full access to VSO Downloader.
For more help, check this guide.
- VPN connection:
Problems could happen, this depends on your setup. If you are using a VPN, try detecting streaming without your VPN connection.
- Driver of the network adapter:
Update the driver of your network adapter in order to support the promiscuous mode
- Opera browser: follow this guide to make it compatible

Other questions
-Do I need to be Administrator in order to execute program:
you just need to install the application with the administrator rights, after you can use it with a limited account
-Does it support the loopback device?
No. Only physical interfaces are supported. This is a limitation of Windows.

With your findings feel free to contact the VSO Support team for more help.