copy Blu-ray disc with Blindwrite BD-ROM to BD-R *update

1:1 copy and backup, Copy Blu-ray, CD, DVD, BD-RE disks

Moderators: Maggie, Cougar_II, Forum admin

Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi,

Right now VSO software can burn UDF 2.5 which is needed to burn BluRay, but there are still no VSO Software that an author a BlyRay output.

I still need to experience with tools like TxMuxer, where you can probably load just the main movie, make it author a BluRay disk output, then burn with CopyToDVD.
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester

briinthesky

Post by briinthesky » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply
Iwill have a go and see what I get, but I need to get some more RE disc's as there too expensive to waste!

Bc.

christofury80

Movie collection on hard drive

Post by christofury80 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:06 am

I see alot of you are interested in copying bluRay to bluRay, but IMO, that's just too expensive.

What i'm interested in is just copying the bluray movie to my hard drive, and maintaining a nice digital collection.

I have AnyDVD with the upgraded HD key, so i can mount the unencrypted disc, but how do I make a movie file out of all the files on the BR disc? And what files do i need off that disc?

Thanks for your help.

briinthesky

Post by briinthesky » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi

The best thing I can suggest is to rip with anydvd as a movie not as an iso, Then trawl the folder where the movie files are( i think its stream)
and scan the file sizes. the biggest are normally the movie.
Then make a new folder for that movie and ditch the rest.

I did my copy of gone in 60 and the two main files where about 15gb and 13gb.

Hope that helped.

Bc.

BluEyedTxMan

Post by BluEyedTxMan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:50 pm

I have ripped several Blu-ray movies to hard drive, but most have a foreign language audio track included in the video file. If the movie only has English I'm ok. If there are multiple languages, it seems like what is with the video is anything but English.

lapinou

Post by lapinou » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:30 am

for now, we don't have the authoring part, it means you can't really put back a single file to a structure of files / folder which could be read by the blu-ray player.
we will work on it as soon as possible

briinthesky

Post by briinthesky » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:10 pm

I just had a go at copying a disc using blind write and anydvd but it appears to have failed, although it said it was ok.
The only unusual thing I noticed was it said Topology ignored ?
Also i had to read then write as the copy would not let me use a BD-R only an RE

Have I done anything wrong ?
The disc's I used where sony 50gb (an expensive failure!)

Bc.

lapinou

Post by lapinou » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:15 pm

for such backup , I recommand to use the .iso profil, you don't need topology for blu-ray disc
you can't read back the disc on the pc ? or the blu-ray player ?

briinthesky

Post by briinthesky » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi

Are you sying I should rip as an iso with Anydvd or blind write or another programe ?
I have had a success but it was when I used a dvd-re, it seems if I use a write once it fails.

Bc.

lapinou

Post by lapinou » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:31 pm

I suggest to have AnyDVD in the background and use .iso profil of blindwrite, if you need custom assistance please send the log or contact by live messaging a vso representative

briinthesky

Post by briinthesky » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks for the swift reply

I will give it a go tomorrow, but I need some more disc's I only have one left now !

briinthesky

Post by briinthesky » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi
I just wrote an iso using blind write and it failed.
It gave write error at 15988336(16)-code 06 29 00 unit attention or bus device reset. don't know what that means. anyone any ideas ?

At the point it failed it had been writing for 2hr 15mins

Bc.

yuanrenx

burning bd

Post by yuanrenx » Sat May 30, 2009 6:08 pm

i read your topic and was impressed by your knowledge on this new tech, so if you dont mind may i pick your brain. first i've copied over 300 dvds as backups for my collection. i recently purchased a blu-ray for my hdtv and will want to back up future disc's. i downlowned the slysoft anydvd hd program and the blindwrite. so my first (novice) question to u is y do i need both. next where is the best place to purchace blanks? i am checking specs n prices for and external burner 4 my laptop unless there r any drivers or codecs which make it possble for my reg. internal burner work? thanks in advance 4 any advice.

briinthesky

Post by briinthesky » Sat May 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Hi

First off I have bought blanks from ebay which came from japan as 50gb ones are hard to get at a reasonable price. 25gb are cheaper and easier to get but most are over 25gb in size.

Yes you do need both anydvd and blindwrite.
I have so far had success in two ways, I have copied a disc using blind write (anydvd also running) to a 50gb RE disc. but failed when using an R disc.
I have also had success by ripping the disc with anydvd then used a neat burning prog called imageburn to put the main movie files onto a bd-r disc although these where 25gb not 50gb .
So I would say limited success so far and failures are expensive, it needs more software development by vso and others to make things a bit easier.

A normal burner will not do it, laser is diferent.

Hope that helps.

Bc. :roll: