Converting DVD and BluRay to MP4

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Shed13C

Converting DVD and BluRay to MP4

Post by Shed13C »

Hi Folks,

Please bear with me as I am rather new to all of this. I have setup a Synology NAS to act as a media server with the intention of transferring our DVD and BluRay collection to it. We own all these DVD/BR, it is about freeing up storage space and having easy access from various devices.

To date, I have been using Wondershare Uniconverter and VLC and this has worked reasonably well. However, neither seem to support the conversion of BluRays and they are stumped by some forms of protection. For example, the latest Midway DVD from Lionsgate completely stumps them.

Can anyone please advise me of a good setup/software that will allow me to convert our remaining troublesome DCDs and BluRays?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Paddy
UK
Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Re: Converting DVD and BluRay to MP4

Post by Cougar_II »

Hello,

To convert to MP4 I use VSO ConvertXtoVideo 2.

*BUT* to convert DVD & BluRay medias (They are PROTECTED) you will need to remove the protection off of them.
One of the best software is AnyDVD HD --> https://www.redfox.bz/en/

Not cheap, but after ripping a few medias, the price get's covered.

Haven't done this in ages :)

I would use AnyDVD HD to "RIP" the media to my hard drive, this way I get the whole media (UNPROTECTED) on my HDD.
Then I can use and choose any software I want to convert it to anything I want.

Good luck !
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester