Subtitle Mystery or Question

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

dosibo51

Subtitle Mystery or Question

Post by dosibo51 »

Sometimes I have blu-rays - currently "Terminator Dark Fate" - there is only one subtitle track - with "permanent subtitles" - and not only on situations where subtitles are required.

When I play the original disc on my Windows 10 computer with VLC Player 3.0.8 or J River MediaCenter 26.0.35 or I rip with VSO blu-ray converter the German audio track + German (permanent) subtitle track (the only one) (and re-play with one of the players) - I permanently see the subtitles and not only when required (e.g. when they speak Spanish at ~ 09:30).

When I play the original disc on my Sony Playstation 4 - it works perfectly. I only see German subtitles when they don't speak German.

So how does it work and why can VLC, JR MC or VSO converter don't do it as the PS4?

Thanks
dosibo51

Re: Subtitle Mystery or Question

Post by dosibo51 »

Ok,

when I play the original disc with JR Media Center and set "subtitles" to OFF (right click OFF) - then the "permanent" subtitles will be only shown when required.

Also when I play the ripped .m2ts file it works.

It looks like VLC isn't able to handle it from original disc nor from .m2ts file.
dosibo51

Post by dosibo51 »

Just enabled to create a forced subtitle track on blu-ray converter, but I rarely need this option.

Wouldn't it be very useful - instead of a general setting - to make an option for each subtitle track in the advanced settings (when you look ahead into the movie) if an additional forced subtitle track have to be generated?

I always search for my correct subtitle track.
dosibo51

Post by dosibo51 »

I just ripped Terminator again with option "add forced subtitle track" ...
(as .m2ts, video, audio, subtitle all remux)

but finally don't have an additional subtitle track in the .m2ts movie.

Is this a bug - missing feature for .m2ts - does it only work with .mkv?

Thanks
dosibo51

Post by dosibo51 »

Also ripped again as .mkv - all remuxed .. no additional forced subtitle track in result file.

What's wrong?