Multiple DVDs to one Blu-ray?

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Alan

Multiple DVDs to one Blu-ray?

Post by Alan »

I have a couple of movies, each on its own DVD, that I'd like to store on a single Blu-ray (with a menu selection to allow me to choose either). Is this possible? And if so, any pointers to the method would be much appreciated. TIA...
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: Multiple DVDs to one Blu-ray?

Post by felicia »

Just add one DVD after the other ans select Blu-Ray as output
Alan

Post by Alan »

Right, many thanks. I had to create DVD files on my hard drive, and could then drag them to the input screen. I burnt a Blu-ray, and I can choose the movie I want, but one problem: if I press "Disk Menu" in the middle of either movie, the player hangs and will respond to no input command -- it needs power cycling from the wall switch to come back to life. Needless to say, this is not normal behaviour, and I wonder if it is a known issue?
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

It's the first time I hear about it. Could you tell the brand and model of your player? Is the firmware updated?
Alan

Post by Alan »

felicia wrote:It's the first time I hear about it. Could you tell the brand and model of your player? Is the firmware updated?
Felicia, thanks for your follow-up. The player is a Samsung BD-J5500 -- the firmware is up-to-date as far as I'm aware,

It certainly doesn't hang on "commercial" Blu-rays; later this week, I'll try converting a single DVD to Blu-ray just to check whether it might be a side-effect of having written two movies on one disk, and report back.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Well, I re-burned the same DVD files after making some changes to the Converter settings menu, and this time no problems. So, I don't know exactly what the issue was before, but it's not important enough (to me) to spend more time on, since I have what I wanted. I think we can come off red alert, but thanks very much, Felicia, for your attention. Good to know you and your colleagues are so engaged with your customers :)